PDA

View Full Version : Best sounding exhaust system/box?

PE4
22-03-03, 06:12 PM
Hi guys,

This is probably a well dead topic by now, but I am new here :)
What is the best sounding exhaust system for a 1.3 SR, and which one will give the greatest gains?

Cheers Everyone

Steve

whitey
22-03-03, 07:33 PM
There is SOOOOOo many! The best system for performance is a full system like Magnex, but this will set u back a few hundred!

As for just back boxes, you won't get much is power gains but you will get the noise! Any will sound better! Some like Peco will sound like a tank and others like Scorpion and Magnex will sound "sweeter"! If ya get me!

Just get the best your budget can afford!

Aragorn
22-03-03, 07:37 PM
do these custom exhaust MFR's do backboxes on their own?? and good companies i could call?

the reason i ask is i want a box for me saloon

i dont have the cash to get a full custom system just yet, but simply adding a backbox will make it look and sound nicer

if not i'll just have to fit one of those tailpipe covers from jetex and make do :'(

mikeoxford
24-03-03, 12:14 AM
drop a PM to coutenay nova (name is rob)

he will tell u i really rate the noise his car makes, its not overly loud, but its so sweet, its really nice :oops:

PE4
24-03-03, 05:49 PM
What does the Ashley Competition system sound like on a 1300 SR nova?

Would be good if I could hear one, but nono to download naywhere

Nova_Tek
25-03-03, 11:11 PM
Try a Sportex system.

Mentioned this to a few ppl.

You can get a full system with a 3" backbox for ?110.

Sounds really good too

Currently got a 3" backbox on my 1.2 nova and it sounds crisp even wit a standard center section.

Power gains with a full system can be up to 10BHP. But if u got that extra bit to spend then get the Manifold too.

Can get ypu up yo around 15BHP

check out

www.tuning.co.uk

burgessovsalford
26-03-03, 10:37 AM
Power gains with a full system can be up to 10BHP. But if u got that extra bit to spend then get the Manifold too.

Can get ypu up yo around 15BHP

check out

www.tuning.co.uk

Ru sure? :?

red_devil
26-03-03, 02:23 PM
Ascar in sheffield sorted me out with a Twin 4" centre exit system for ?210 its got a Cobra Back Box and the only reason its in bad nick is coz i never cleaned it ever and in the winter i left it with snow on the slightly rusty bits which f*cked it up... its gonna have to be cleaned up and painted now.

Chris LR
26-03-03, 03:05 PM
I'd rather have a tuned engine than a cheap tacky back box to make the noise......

mark_GSi
28-03-03, 02:47 PM
try a powerflow zorst

paid 300 for a full system with a decat pipe, all made up how i wanted :D

sounds SWEET!

few of me m8ts r after powerflow now, cose they heard mine :wink:

Benjoyce
28-03-03, 03:34 PM
i've a rage twin dtm, sounds nice and beefy, adn simple to fit.

bish
28-03-03, 03:58 PM
i got a twin sportex fitted last night and its very loud,im very impressed,it should get louder as time goes by as it is brand new

Nova-Flair
29-03-03, 09:00 PM
all of the powerflow 'zorsts i have heard have sounded sweet.

can have em as loud as u want cos they r custom made.

if u r just after loudness ashley r good (and cheap) but r made out of mild steel so they dont come with a lifetime guarantee

PE4
30-03-03, 03:20 PM
There is a powerflow place down the road from me in Totton, I will go and have a gander :)

learchnovavan
30-03-03, 03:36 PM
give collins performance in sandbach a bell. i just got a full mongoose for me van, ok me vans valvered but ive got the sr system. sounds awesome and they send it out on courier aswel. dnt know the number tho soz m8