on the wiring side of things,

where would it wire to?
im guessing there isnt a plug?
fuse?
relay?

please inform me

Graeme
02-12-09, 07:42 PM
There are two earths that screw to the chassis between the seats and the two lives plug into the fuse box, its a self contained loom really

Spudly
02-12-09, 07:42 PM
The loom has two plugs on it and a single earth, the two plugs go into the fusebox and just plug in, top right corner and the earth goes just behind the gearstick iirc:thumb:

bmw156
02-12-09, 07:47 PM
so it will all just plug in? into the fuse box?

and the normal of swapping the window motors, and door pins etc etc

Iain
02-12-09, 07:49 PM
I don't think my povo spec loom at one of the connections required on the fusebox, but it's just +ve and ign live so won't be difficult to wire them in if required.

It's possible to keep the entire loom behind the dash if you don't want it under the carpet as I did this.

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 10:58 PM
I fitted c.locking to my merit. It didn't have the fusebox connecting just normal power conectiong with the solenoid/motor plugs. Wired them in taking feed from somewhere (can't remeber though) and ran the loom behind the dash.

brainsnova
02-12-09, 11:06 PM
the electric window motors replace the standard winders in any door. theres small rods with a flat on one end you need with the solenoids and also you might need to drill holes through the door and body but they are centre punched. wiring cl has a permanent 12v and electric windows is a switched 12v.

Jon_nova1
02-12-09, 11:58 PM
damn, centre punched to drill the holes! i obviously took the hard way lol

brainsnova
03-12-09, 12:12 AM
damn, centre punched to drill the holes! i obviously took the hard way lol

gm done the markings lol but i had to take the wings off to get in with the drill

Jon_nova1
03-12-09, 12:49 AM
oh thats alright then lol i just took the doorcard off and drilled all the way through lol

brainsnova
03-12-09, 01:05 AM
i just remembered it was the wings i took off lol i work to +/- 1mm tolerances

bmw156
03-12-09, 08:39 PM
ok, i dont like wiring in lol i do colours and wires, no name haha

any help with colours.

and also do i have to drill the hole on the end of the door. where the wires and grommet go from the door to inside the car? is that what your on about brainsnova?

brainsnova
03-12-09, 11:34 PM
yes you have to drill holes if there is none down the side of the door where the hinges are.

Nova_Tek
04-12-09, 10:05 AM
Yes I drilled a whole (albeit a small one, which I now need to make bigger lol) . Drilling through the door was fairly easy but the other side was a lot harder metal was quite thick there.

bearbenuk
04-12-09, 07:46 PM
pimped mk1, quality :)

bmw156
04-12-09, 07:54 PM
lol thanks dude, not sure if im gonna do it yet, will see if the nova sells as a whole on ebay. and if not ill remove it and get the central locking working first then stick it all in mine :>

andy_017
04-12-09, 10:11 PM
If you stick your head into the footwell on either side of the car you'll see that there's a circle of single skinned metal were you have to drill the holes in the bottom of the a pillar,fairly easy there and I think that's the factory position!

Iirc the hole in the a pillar is an inch lower or higher than the hole in the door!

Nova_Tek
04-12-09, 10:16 PM
Hopefully I drilled through that single skin lol otherwise ooops :tard:

brainsnova
04-12-09, 10:18 PM
was mine the deluxe version with the centre punched holes that drilled a treat in a matter of seconds.

Nova_Tek
04-12-09, 10:22 PM
Centre punched... rings a bell mate. Mine may have actually been like that too and I think thats where I drilled although not 100% sure lol