PDA

View Full Version : Best place for computer memory

ade
02-12-09, 01:37 PM
Hello,

My PC recently told me it wanted more memory so it could run faster. Its cocky like that.

Its a compaq Presario SR5219 with AMD Athlon 64 x 2 dual core 4400+ 2.30 GHz processor

Has 1 gb of ram atm

My "experience guide " is a 3.0

Anyone recommend a good place to get more memory that wont break the bank and what memory should I go for?

It even tells me how to fit it (which I know how to do anyway but its nice to be reminded lol)

Ade

MK999
02-12-09, 01:50 PM
www.scan.co.uk www.novatech.co.uk www.ebuyer.co.uk

You'll be wanting DDR2, 184 pin DIMM http://www.corsair.com/configurator/system_results.aspx?id=111929 :thumb: Speed wise, whatevers cheapest should work fine for a system like that, but I'd probably spend an extra £5-10 on the higher speed if there was a smallish price gap myself. :thumb: Forgot to mention, I generally prefer sticking to kingston/corsair as I've heard the odd horror story about cheaper makes, it is solid state though so not that much can really go horrificly wrong with it.

ade
02-12-09, 01:51 PM
cheers matey!

MK999
02-12-09, 01:53 PM
Have been relatively clueless on this the past few years but I had to order a new PC for myself recently (currently waiting for city link actually) for uni work, and I'm now up to speed again lol