PDA

View Full Version : if this is true, it is GENIUS!!!!

Mk1'SR'Dan
02-12-09, 12:44 PM
hello folks, ive just stumbled across a website that looks endorsed by PNG, it looks as if its selling aftermarket GM vinyls, loads of different ones including the full original SR body vinyls and badges, could someone tell me if this is true because ive got a fibreglass flush boot stuck on with Sikaflex and im not hopeful that when i rip it off to throw it away that im not going to be able to retain the original vinyl, and thats important to the plan...!

draper
02-12-09, 12:45 PM
a link might help lol

Mk1'SR'Dan
02-12-09, 01:15 PM
sorry mate!!!

www.modelnovas.com/shopcaraccessories.html

im not sure about the colours, it says "new colours available soon, including SR blue/grey..." think they might only be in black atm... :(

draper
02-12-09, 01:16 PM
they are available in the png club shop, its in the members area ;)

Southie
02-12-09, 01:22 PM
sorry mate!!!

www.modelnovas.com/shopcaraccessories.html (http://www.modelnovas.com/shopcaraccessories.html)

im not sure about the colours, it says "new colours available soon, including SR blue/grey..." think they might only be in black atm... :(

Yes that's the club shop (courtesy of Ade) and they only come in black due to not being able to get hold of a near colour match.

Mk1'SR'Dan
02-12-09, 01:40 PM
fair play and thanks for the heads up, i havnt ruled out making the boot vinyl myself...

Novasport
02-12-09, 01:42 PM
what year is your SR?

amggsi
02-12-09, 05:01 PM
I'm the only one that has been brave enough to order the SR bottom vinyl so far, really looking forward to fitting it!!!!

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 05:07 PM
Soon as I read this post 'PNG Shop' came to mind. And yes as you may have gathered it is true :)

Lee
02-12-09, 05:18 PM
You'll need a membership number to order from the shop.

Stuart
02-12-09, 05:21 PM
shouldnt we get ade to change the modelnovs site to state its kinda part of this one, so people dont come here and go "ohhhhhh look at this ahhhh" lol

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 05:22 PM
Which means parting with £10, well worth it though. DO IT!

Mk1'SR'Dan
02-12-09, 11:13 PM
what year is your SR?

Mines an 89... im hoping the sh1te flush boot will peel off and not take too much of the vinyl with it, then ive got to try and find something that'll dissolve sikaflex...

Mk1'SR'Dan
02-12-09, 11:16 PM
You'll need a membership number to order from the shop.

Yeah no worries mate, cosmetics are a long way off yet! im still wrestling the new engine in!

Novasport
02-12-09, 11:46 PM
then ive got to try and find something that'll dissolve sikaflex...

Good luck, might be better getting a new tailgate! I have a new genuine 1.3 SR decal, get in touch if you want it.

jimbob-mcgrew
02-12-09, 11:55 PM
nice, i didnt realise you could get these new.
are they good quality considering there not official ?

ade
02-12-09, 11:58 PM
re the PNG shop on my modelnovas website - this is a temporary measure (for the last 12 months lol) until we can integrate it into the official site (awaiting new software).

All Vinyls on the shop are made from long life vehicle vinyl but as mentioned are in Matt Black. You cannot get GM vinyl for the Nova anymore except for the occasional rarity floating about - the rear boot vinyl was a copy taken direct from my own SR - even has the little overlap that goes under the window rubber!