PDA

View Full Version : someone help !!!

michaelawson
02-12-09, 12:07 PM
i have been tugging on my mk1 offside front window winder for the last hour and i cannot figure out how to get it off !!!

can anyone help ??

so far its given me a banging headache and made my hands confused !!

cheers

just vaux trev
02-12-09, 12:10 PM
there is a clip thats hardly visable have a close look behind the circle piece

just vaux trev
02-12-09, 12:11 PM
close up to the door card

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 12:18 PM
They are a right fiddle to get off them window winder clips lol

Best way I found was to get a thin piece of cloth that can easily grip the metal end of the clip. Wrap the cloth fairly tight around the clip i.e put it between the winder and the door card. Make sure you are able to hold both ends of the cloth either side of the window winder. Now pull on one side of the cloth carefully (this should allow the clip to get caught up in the cloth and strech the clip wide enough for it to let go) Be carefull as they can fly off and you'll end up losing one like I did lol

It might take a few go's to get the hang of it but its the only way to remove it (using stuff around the home)

pikey1986
02-12-09, 12:42 PM
i used a screwdriver to prise it off and haven't put the clip back on so now ive got a quick release window winder lol

AlexW
02-12-09, 12:44 PM
Proper tool FTW

Jon_nova1
02-12-09, 12:46 PM
you ain't even got a press for the bearing you did lol

if your putting different ones on, just snap them, otherwise you have the time of your life getting a circlip off you can't see

AlexW
02-12-09, 12:56 PM
lol stfu

Can get the clip off with 2 screw drivers, i did.

draper
02-12-09, 12:58 PM
a rag works best ime

bmw156
02-12-09, 01:03 PM
yeh these are a bitch.

like people said a rag works. and i used a screw driver once the rag had pushed the clip up slighty and pinged the clip off. is a hassel tho.

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 02:24 PM
now ive got a quick release window winder lol

Fo' Sho'!

I didnt bother to re-fit the clips (I did lose one so thought sod that) Surprisingly no one has had a Nova window winder in their hand as they don't come off that easy even without the clip. When it's door card off time the quick release is great.

Quick relase window winders FTW :thumb:

Ben
02-12-09, 02:56 PM
never had to worry about this as never owned a poverty spec lol

wwmnw
02-12-09, 06:28 PM
Getting them off is easy, getting them back on is a bitch.

Spudly
02-12-09, 06:38 PM
Getting them off is easy, getting them back on is a bitch.

Err why, i slide the clip halfway onto the winder, stick the winder on and flick the clip in, it pings into place, job done:thumb:

Bubba
02-12-09, 06:41 PM
never had to worry about this as never owned a poverty spec lol

then you havent lived ;)

i now have a small hole in my door card where i slipped and put my pliers through it

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 09:26 PM
Err why, i slide the clip halfway onto the winder, stick the winder on and flick the clip in, it pings into place, job done:thumb:

Perfect technique that, never fails :thumb:

CoolTiger
02-12-09, 09:29 PM
electric windows ftw

as for putting it back on, put clip into place place winder on as far as it will got and a good whack and its on :D

Welsh Dan
02-12-09, 11:07 PM
I just pulled the circlip out using a small hook.

brainsnova
02-12-09, 11:12 PM
i used a tiny screw driver and prised the top of the clip up :D

L14MNP
03-12-09, 12:10 PM
When removing these in the past I have used a steak knife to great effect. lol
I prefer the ones that are held on with a philips screw and have a little cap over the head. They should all be like that!

My mate never used to know how to remove the circlips and it came up one day when I was on with his car. I refitted the window reg handle with the clip in situ and pushed it on. His face.... :O

He had been fitting the clip back on AFTER fitting the handle. God only knows how! lol

wwmnw
04-12-09, 12:26 AM

Every time I go to put one back on, the clip pings off on a mad mooch around the foot well.

Dave.
04-12-09, 01:07 AM
Every time I go to put one back on, the clip pings off on a mad mooch around the foot well.

Just put the clip on the winder and push the winder on.

Thats how normal people do it :p