PDA

View Full Version : Who's is this?

matt_vaughan
02-12-09, 11:02 AM
Need to know who's car this is and find out a bit more about the headlining setup....

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t336/matt_vaughan_2008/DSC00923.jpg

Cheers guys.

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 11:07 AM
That is totally sweet. Very tidy, clean looking. I'd be intereseted in seeing how it was done, what materials etc

matt_vaughan
02-12-09, 11:12 AM
Looks like silk violet painted cage. Maybe mistral grey.

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 11:17 AM
That looks like a tweed type fabric which is spray glued on to the inner roof skin.

AlexW
02-12-09, 12:41 PM
Matt its simple? Glue it in place on the flat places once the roof has been cleaned so theres no bits sticking up, and then cut it to size.

draper
02-12-09, 12:45 PM
R1CH old car iirc, now broken unfortuantly, was easily one of my favourite novas

Mk1'SR'Dan
02-12-09, 12:48 PM
it looks like hardboard upholstered with acoustic carpet, how its held up is another story, you could use the clips that hold door cards on...?

AlexW
02-12-09, 12:53 PM
it looks like hardboard upholstered with acoustic carpet, how its held up is another story, you could use the clips that hold door cards on...?

glue?!

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 02:30 PM
lol ^ exactly. Orrrr... the sticky glue they use on mouse and rat traps. Funking sticky or what.

On a more serious note it does look like hard/foam backed tweed/accoustic carpet cut to size and glued.

It does look great but I personally would need to address the visible cross members, I would prefer to get those covered aswell. May ditch my headlining for the above setup may also provide a couple inches of extra head room for those taller passegers lol

craig green
02-12-09, 03:01 PM
Yeah that is R1CH's car. Lots of ace little touches on that. Did he ever sell the shell?

peester
02-12-09, 03:06 PM
yeah looks like spray glue, acoustic cloth.. done tidily.

garethcolley
02-12-09, 04:10 PM
Mine! He sold it to me. Its acoustic carpet, not sure if its got any sort of backing or if he glued it. Ill only ever find out if i need to remove it. TBH i think it would rubbish with the cross members covered, it looks much neater and factory like that IMO. All the interior panels are also covered in the same which look fairly decent. Ideally i want the panels and cage black to match the exterior details but its too much effort.

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq205/colley340/Nova%20Images/14.jpg

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 04:15 PM
Think it would look good either way mate if it's done as neatly as the roof skin. It does look much better as it is now as the interior is stripped so adds to the raw feel but with a full interior it may look odd imo. But each to their own still look mint.

Will have to get something like that done.