PDA

View Full Version : will it work

that farmer
01-12-09, 07:43 PM
Im gettin some twin 40's from djshaggy will they work on my 1.3 dizzy setup?
i think they will work fine as there is a vacum advance on the dizzy but i just wanted to be certain..
Also do i need an electric fuel pump or can i run it on my mechanical pump?

cheers in advance
tom :thumb:

Mike
01-12-09, 07:58 PM
Will work with the mechanical fuel pump yes (well my Sport 40s did anyway)

Cant remember that far back with regards to the vac advance tho lol

garyc
01-12-09, 08:03 PM
all vac advance does is improve econemy. will run ok without but use more fuel overall.

djshaggeh
01-12-09, 08:30 PM
Jesus that was quick Tom, I only got off the phone to you about 20mins ago lol

comptoncj
01-12-09, 08:49 PM
Mines running on a 1300 dizzy, im not using a sport set up tho so what i did is tapped a couple of holes in the inlet manifold, made up some pipework and connected it to the dizzy if that helps mate.

jimbob-mcgrew
01-12-09, 10:16 PM
^ go compton :thumb:

it'll be all cool tom :thumb:, only thing of concern will be the inlet ports on the manifold, u might have to mod em with yer grinder (check what its like paired to a good brand of gasket), worse case scenario is another inlet. jetting and chokes might need sorting too. will sound beast :cool:

that farmer
01-12-09, 11:03 PM
cool cheers for the help guys i will look into it soon as i get time.

haha yeah shaggy i was on hear when you rang me! lol

yeah jimbob i was thinking about port size's weather there might be issue's with the head to manifold.
yeah they wont be going on straight away need to get jet's and shizzle, air filter and my fuel line's!

safe t net

jimbob-mcgrew
03-12-09, 12:42 AM
what would be ideal i reck, to match the inlet manifold... is use that 1400 bottom end youve got, and source a 1400 mpi head from an sri to go on it, its a better flowing head and the ports will match. funds and morale depending obviously, but see what u think, might be a sweet setup with a 1.6 cam in too :thumb:

then you can sell me your 1300 lol :p

edit : wait ive had a thought... does the 1.6 cam have a fuel pump lobe on it ?? hmmm and dizzy drive might be different, hmmm hmmm hmmm lol

that farmer
03-12-09, 07:20 PM
haha na man im putting it all on the 1300 im not taking the engine out again if i can help it, at least for a while anyway!
plus im lazy and cant b assed, i want it on the road asap so i run you off the road's lol..
i thought you was gonna put the 1.6 in the more door hatch anyhow!