PDA

View Full Version : wiper motor linkages

belmonty_daryl
01-12-09, 02:49 PM
just a quick question, if the linkage on the wipers pops out is there a repair i could do to sort this? ive pushed it back on but dont think it will last right long. iv only seen one wiper linkage for sale and it was 40quid and with me just buying this nova im a bit skint :( but its a black mk1 sr so it makes up for it :).
any help appreciated.thanks

GRUNT 16V
01-12-09, 03:05 PM
sounds a bit over kill but we used to mod ours with rose joints on our rally cars

Royston
01-12-09, 04:09 PM
Drill the wiper motor "ball" to take a small self tapping screw & washer to hold the cup onto the "ball" need to drill the cup too!

need to take the motor off the car ....obviously

belmonty_daryl
01-12-09, 05:12 PM
royston thats what i was thinking of doing. and just for future reference what is a rose joint :confused:

Guderian
01-12-09, 05:25 PM
heavy duty flexi joint (wikki will probly give you a pic and explanation.)

when i had the linkage drop from a B plate Nova (such that only the passenger wiper worked) the link arm complete with nylon sockets was available as a part from vauxhall. I seem to recall that on the later cars the set up is different and the whole lot had to be replaced.

so if you can adapt it like one of the above people then this has to be a good thing (no doubt vauxhall will have stopped making the damn things anyway)

belmonty_daryl
01-12-09, 05:50 PM
mine has popped off the drivers side too and its b reg. fancy that. and cheers feel abit brighter now i know what a rose joint is.