PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Remote Central Locking

TaiTers
22-03-03, 12:32 AM
I bought the remote central locking unit to go with my alarm, that works fine, but when wired up like in the book for a 3 wire system, the passenger door will lock/unlock but not the drivers, where should I be connecting these wires as it doest say in the book.

The central locking unit by the passenger foot well or what?

Anyone who has done this and could give me some help it would be much appreciated :wink:

mikeoxford
22-03-03, 12:44 AM
I bought the remote central locking unit to go with my alarm, that works fine, but when wired up like in the book for a 3 wire system, the passenger door will lock/unlock but not the drivers, where should I be connecting these wires as it doest say in the book.

The central locking unit by the passenger foot well or what?

Anyone who has done this and could give me some help it would be much appreciated :wink:

thats because u need to fit a solenoid in the door

all the gubbins in the door is only a SWITCH so when u turn the key the passenger door locks / unlcoks

u need to run two wires from the passenger solenoid to the drivers one and fit one the same.

DISCONNECT what you have now as u will blow the switch in the drivers door

TaiTers
22-03-03, 12:49 AM
Its all disconnected at present.

Whats a solenoid, I assume its the motor that locks/unlocks the door?

So I need to get one for the drivers side, do you know how much they are?

Thanks for the help :)

whitey
22-03-03, 12:59 AM
LOL

?5.99 Maplin Electronics!

mikeoxford
22-03-03, 01:01 AM
this is where i look sad

because off the top of my head i can tell you you need a

YD79L from maplins

LOL

im mint with part numbers

what u get for working in a computer warehouse and office for a bit, and slo in safeways :D

TaiTers
22-03-03, 02:00 AM
cheers everyone!!!!!

ade
23-03-03, 10:26 PM

YD79L from maplins

LOL

LOL Mike - not mint - just v v sad!

:lol:

only Jokin!

get the solenoid, fit it directly underneath the door pin (at the bottom of the door where the inside part of the door is angled - drill 2 holes - depending on what solenoid you get of course!) and you'll need an extension to connect the door pin to the solenoid. Run 2 wires from the passenger one, under the dash and into the new solenoid, so when you turn the key, the switch fires the passenger one which in turn fires the drivers one.

mikeoxford
24-03-03, 12:22 AM

YD79L from maplins

LOL

LOL Mike - not mint - just v v sad!

:lol:

only Jokin!

ade mate if you like i can quote you all the barcode numbers for fruits and bakery section as i may start till training soon and having to learn them LOL when i practice on the till!

at my old work it was a bit easier, as part numbers were meaningful, a big number like 1606031

but, 16 mean external vendor, 060 is component type, 31 is the variant, that was pi$$ easy cos if u didnt know the PT number you could have a stab at it!