PDA

View Full Version : @$%$@@@!! Bike Carbs!!

Nobby
30-11-09, 09:42 PM
Doing my nut in now fitted my xe in my nova and bike carbs from the belmont. Now since then i have nothing but trouble with them! First off they were dripping fuel out of the back and into the the starter area - not good!
So the only thing i had not put in from the belmont setup was a fuel filter so put they in and they stopped leaking. Now fired it up again just and no1 carb is leaking again!! Anyone know what or seen this problem before??

the fuel seems to be coming fromt the 2 little holes/jet things in the centre??
http://i45.tinypic.com/wu4iub.jpg

MattBrown
30-11-09, 09:44 PM
Floatbowl gasket seal good?

Lower the fuel pressure?

There designed to run at tiny pressures, ie the weight of the fuel in the tank, so, drop pressure, also, try adjusting the floats in the bowls? Check the needles?

Balley
30-11-09, 09:46 PM
Float is stuck mate, tap it sometimes cures it
or take the bowl off and clean the pin it hinges on!

MK999
30-11-09, 09:46 PM
Floatbowl gasket seal good?

Lower the fuel pressure?

There designed to run at tiny pressures, ie the weight of the fuel in the tank, so, drop pressure, also, try adjusting the floats in the bowls? Check the needles?

Negative PSI?

Nobby
30-11-09, 09:49 PM
ive had the top off the carb today and the float seems fine?? whats the float bowl gasket?? how can i adjust the fuel pressure?? they were fine in the belmont?

tom reid
30-11-09, 10:45 PM
Are you running an R1 pump, or another pump and fuel reg?, if it's the latter you must adjust the fuel pressure, although I'd have thought it'd be the needle valve that needs adjusting, to allow the correct amount of fuel into the floatbowl

Nobby
30-11-09, 10:46 PM
which is the needle valve pal? the problem is they were fine in the belmont so cant understand why im having the problems?? and yeah its an r1 pump i think

Adam
01-12-09, 06:29 PM
Solution, remove bike carbs, refit to said bike, and fit throttle bodies to xe :p lol lol

On a more serious note, it does sound like the float was stuck letting the bowl over fill, so fuel was coming up through the jets constantly instead of being drawn out by the air.

Nobby
01-12-09, 08:27 PM
cheers for the comments lads, took them apart today and refitted them no fuel leaks as of now? im hoping it was just the float stuck? :D

Balley
01-12-09, 08:52 PM
good !

Nobby
01-12-09, 09:35 PM
good !

so far lol