PDA

View Full Version : carb to injection

--ToM--
30-11-09, 07:22 PM
really starting to piss me off this is now, my old engine was carb so had no feul pump im now running an xe so need a fuel pump i thought i bought a injection tank turns out iv gone and bought the same tank again!! but now have a fuel pump (external) now some people are telling me i can run the feed pipe off the tank to the pump then from the pump to the engine bay and leave the return and breathers as they are.

others are sayin i need to change the whole tank because the feed pipe on the tank is to narrow so wont have enough fuel pressure.

someone please help me before i waste more money on another tank :(

mowgli
30-11-09, 07:56 PM
you need a feed & a return. an efi mpi tank has a swirl pot, so hard cornering is fine with a lowish fuel tank. with a twin pipe carb tank, it will work, but you'll need to run about with at least a 1/4 of a tank

--ToM--
30-11-09, 07:58 PM
so i can run my carb tank with external pump and aslong as i have about 1/4 of a tank itll be all good?

mowgli
30-11-09, 08:01 PM
it will work, but the gte one is obviously better

--ToM--
30-11-09, 08:05 PM
iv been told iv boght a gte tank, it has no big hole in the top though? just a feed nipple a return nipple 2 breather nipples and a filler neck hole? thats a carb tank isnt it?

mowgli
30-11-09, 08:12 PM
the gte tank has a single pipe on the front rh corner, and the gauge sender is screwed on (carb is a twist mount) & has the fuel feed pipe on the sender.

the big hole you refer to is where the spi internal pump goes, i think