PDA

View Full Version : fixed car and raced a 306TD

benji
21-03-03, 07:51 PM
my 1.4sr has been playing up for quite a while and i finally got a 32/34 weber carb and sorted it out, i took it for a test drive and was well happy. Not only is it now running right but it also goes like stink(as much stink a 1.4 can go like)

later that night a mate rang me and said he has just sold his 306TD to his brother and they were going to the pub in it. my mate never really gave it any stick when it was his but still maintained that it was faster than my 1.4

We came out the Pub me and mate in my car, mates brother and 1 passanger in the 306. we went down abut 2 miles of country lanes to the next pub.. flat out all the way. I was following and didn't know the road but still stayed glued to the 306, under acceleration it was neck and neck but under braking he didn't stand a chance.
when we got to the next pub i turned to my mate and said "do u still think 1.4s ar slow?". his smile said it all.

Now i am well happy, not only is my car sorted but it is also as fast as a car i always thought was quicker.

Euan
21-03-03, 09:20 PM
hope u werent drink driven 8)

Ste_Nova
21-03-03, 09:58 PM
"do u still think 1.4s ar slow?".

no but i never thought 306td's were quick to start with...... i waste a modded one with my 1.4sr.... they are shit slow and are well overrated

?Marty?
22-03-03, 12:37 AM
How would you even know that he's going flat out if you're behind him? You wouldn't.

You're comparing the cars here mate, but it's the driver. The car may have been capable of going faster, but he wasn't. Too scared or whatever.

Really, all you street 'racers'. :roll: :lol:

benji
22-03-03, 02:20 PM
i know the driver, he was my mates brother and was deffinatly giving it some. He said so when we got to the next pub. It was his first serious drive in the car and wanted to see what it could do.

as for drink driving, i was on soft drinks.

?Marty?
22-03-03, 04:26 PM
Ok. You nailed his ass then.

Very proud of you mate. WRC next?

CP
23-03-03, 07:15 PM
:wink: go and find something else to race. Pug 306TD's aint no sports car - my missus has got one - very front end heavy :(

Dan
23-03-03, 07:49 PM
your missus or the car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
23-03-03, 07:58 PM
lol

My mum has had 2 306TD's the first was the Dturbo, i must say it was very quick for a diesel car, the second is a 306 TD LX wich is a sack of shite.

Still saying that they are very heavy and quite unresponsive, its not the car you want to compare yours to. You want to find a car that is blatetly quicker than yours (RX7/Cosworth/Calibra Turbo etc) then race that and see how well you can keep with it, this will give you some inclination on how quick yours is.

jatinder
23-03-03, 09:39 PM
you beat a pug 306 TD mate not being out of order or nething, that isn't really an achievment

Fester
23-03-03, 10:39 PM
a mates got one, im impressed with it

ok it wont take an SR, but that was never the point of them

its fairly quick, nice and torquey and easy to drive, oh and price of dodgy diesel he gets....

they can be worth it for the right people definitely

GTE-RACER
24-03-03, 10:45 AM
Shouldn't a standard 1.4SR beat a standard 306TD anyways???

Go race sum VTR's lol

Ste_Nova
24-03-03, 11:34 AM
my 1.4 is quicker than vtrs :lol:

novamark
24-03-03, 11:54 AM
i saw a 306TD in guildford last nite, sounded awful, he was revvin the nuts off it, i thought it looked horrible. what litre is the td? i would have thought a standard sr should whoop the peugeot's arse?!!!

GTE-RACER
24-03-03, 02:53 PM
The 306TD is a 1.9, 0-60 takes 12.4sec's....so eazzzzy for a SR i would think...

benji
25-03-03, 11:48 PM
the fact that a sr should beat a 306 TD is irrelivant(sp?)

all i am saying is that my car has been running badly for ages and the first time i get to drive it properly i was well happy with it, and i also showed my mate and his brother that my nova is quicker than they thought

novamark
26-03-03, 09:06 AM
nice one mate, i would be proud. bet u wer smilin from ear to ear. :lol:

Dicko
26-03-03, 02:42 PM
the HDis are 2.0 with a litle more boost. you can kill them low end cuz of the crap power curves, but on the motorway at higher speeds there torque plays a big factor :(