PDA

View Full Version : gear linkage

novabrad90
30-11-09, 05:54 PM
hi i was just wondering if anyone has any piccys and/or advice on their gear linkage to an xe with a f20 gearbox. Having problems with mine hitting the steering colom:tard: the cars an sri if that helps thanks

Nobby
30-11-09, 10:10 PM
sounds like your engine/box isnt sitting right then pal? mine went straight on?

Steve
30-11-09, 10:22 PM
Have you modified the rear mount? Im guessing not as it needs to sit further backwards and slightly lower iirc

I replaced mine, and copied the way it was originally done for the conversion but didnt get it 100% right and mine hits just slightly in 5th

Jon_nova1
30-11-09, 10:28 PM
sounds like you've not set it right, did you do the drill bit in the thingy? sounds to me that the gearstick is too far forward

Steve
30-11-09, 10:33 PM
Suppose it depends whether he can get all his gears ok. Im going to guess at the rear mount as that what makes the box sit further back.

Jon_nova1
30-11-09, 10:59 PM
suppose so, i had the same, but i had a rose jointed linkage so could adjust it, the rear mount was too far forward, you know the holes more oval, it wants to sit towards the front? but surely that would move it further away from the steering rack?

Steve
01-12-09, 12:08 AM
You need the bolt through the rear mount to be towards the back of the car which moves the box etc forwards. Got a pic of my mount on my WIP and I think it might be just under an inch.

novabrad90
01-12-09, 11:43 AM
cheers for the help, so i need to position the rear mount more foward (to the front of the car)?

Jon_nova1
01-12-09, 11:45 AM
from what the above says, you need to position it towards the rear of the car (which is how its meant to sit) not sure how it would work myself, surely it would angle the top of the engine towards the front, and the bottom of the engine towards the rear, but if i'm wrong, it won't be the first time lol

Steve
01-12-09, 11:53 AM
Ok im confused now, surely if his linkage is hitting the rack now, moving it back will be even worse!? If the mount/box is further forwards than it is now, its away from the rack.

Jon_nova1
01-12-09, 11:55 AM
oh sorry, i read it as you need to move the bolt through the rear mount back, hence questioned it lol

brainsnova
01-12-09, 11:56 AM
make it an auto lol