PDA

View Full Version : Front fog lamps

Jack
29-11-09, 12:58 AM
Anyone has any pictures of a GSi front bumper with foglamps (of any sort) mounted in it? I'm sure I remember Nick Caro's old Nova having some in the bumper, but I can't for the life of me find a pic.

And whats the space like behind the bumper? How much clearance is there between bumper and front valance?

Mk1'SR'Dan
29-11-09, 03:28 AM
do you think the old bill would be annoyed if i got myself a full bonnet width fog lamp pod?!!

Pistol Pete
29-11-09, 09:31 AM
Here you go RJ, lovley car..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/novacabrio/ncNECPort16.jpg

vaughanmc
29-11-09, 11:13 AM
Are they Mk3 Astra fog-lights ?

AlexW
29-11-09, 11:14 AM
Theres a fair amount of space, not massive and you wont fit massive lights in there i doubt. Design of the bumper would make it look weird in most places imo.

Jack
29-11-09, 12:02 PM
Hmm, looking good. I seem to recall them being Omega ones?

do you think the old bill would be annoyed if i got myself a full bonnet width fog lamp pod?!!
At that height they'd probably have to be driving lamps.

sparkie1401
29-11-09, 12:08 PM
yes Mr Rj they were Omega ones fitted

i rememeber the feature in Revs

L33 LEG
29-11-09, 12:36 PM
these look perfect imo, what are they off? i wouldnt mind putting some in my bumper

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/L33LEG/Novas/IMG_5121.jpg

Iain
29-11-09, 12:38 PM
these look perfect imo, what are they off? i wouldnt mind putting some in my bumper

I think they're Omega ones, I'm sure I've read that recently :p

L33 LEG
29-11-09, 12:39 PM
Cheers, next time im at the scrapyard il see if i can find any.

Graeme
29-11-09, 12:40 PM
Iirc I spoke to Nick when he first had them done and he said there was a lot of work involved in modifying the bumper and the wings to suit and he had a body shop bill to prove it, not that I ever found him helpful or approachable

L33 LEG
29-11-09, 12:51 PM
Meh, il just cut the bumper and bolt them in lol :wtf:

Il try and get hold of some and see from there what to do.

brainsnova
29-11-09, 01:15 PM
years ago i just cut my front panel lol then you change the bulbs via the wheel arch.

vaughanmc
29-11-09, 01:49 PM
not that I ever found him helpful or approachable

Nice thing to say about someone lol

Aye they do look spot on fitted, Mk3 Astra ones are a wee bit smaller; No idea if they'd be easier to fit

Iain
29-11-09, 02:48 PM
Cheers, next time im at the scrapyard il see if i can find any.

Just noticed the pic you had is actually a different car to first posted lol Look the same fogs tho?

Graeme
29-11-09, 02:53 PM
Nice thing to say about someone lol

Thb mate its just my opinion, I wasn't slagging him of but seeing as he was supposed to be the old NW RC of the old png, you'd of thought he'd take a minute at meets to indroduce himself and talk to other members who'd bothered to attend the meets, but I suppose we just weren't part of that clique. It was like two age groups at the old meets and we were the younger lot and trying to copy their cars on the cheap, lol, thats why at our meets now I like to take time to talk to everyone who attends, irrelevant of vehicle value/condition or age, and we all sit together and have a drink and a laugh with each other.

Graeme
29-11-09, 02:57 PM
Just noticed the pic you had is actually a different car to first posted lol Look the same fogs tho?

They're the same car mate

Novasport
29-11-09, 02:57 PM

It is the same car, when Nick sold it to Mark he took the private plate off it then Mark fitted some black Racelines to put his mark on the car.

Novasport
29-11-09, 02:58 PM
Two great minds lol Same post time too!

vaughanmc
29-11-09, 03:08 PM
Thb mate its just my opinion, I wasn't slagging him of but seeing as he was supposed to be the old NW RC of the old png, you'd of thought he'd take a minute at meets to indroduce himself and talk to other members who'd bothered to attend the meets, but I suppose we just weren't part of that clique. It was like two age groups at the old meets and we were the younger lot and trying to copy their cars on the cheap, lol, thats why at our meets now I like to take time to talk to everyone who attends, irrelevant of vehicle value/condition or age, and we all sit together and have a drink and a laugh with each other.

Aye I see what you mean mate :thumb: Still a lot of that about I notice

I have to say at Billing though with my Nova 1.2 beside the other XE and LET powered Nova's it seemed to fit in very well and the guys I was with we're very good and spoke away even though there cars had 10x the money spent on them as to what mines was

Jack
29-11-09, 07:29 PM
Iirc I spoke to Nick when he first had them done and he said there was a lot of work involved in modifying the bumper and the wings to suit and he had a body shop bill to prove it
Hmm. I reckon I could make fit. The Golf/Polo indicators I have in my bumper at the mo technically don't fit, so I just took a large wrench to the front panel and hit it (hard, repeatedly) until there was a big enough dent for the indicators to fit lol

Graeme
29-11-09, 07:46 PM
Completely agree mate, people these days don't seem to be up their own and others arses as much as when the scene was new

John
29-11-09, 07:48 PM

well said! :thumb:

vaughanmc
29-11-09, 08:31 PM
Completely agree mate, people these days don't seem to be up their own and others arses as much as when the scene was new

Nope it doesn't happen as much but you notice it sometimes

sport
29-11-09, 09:55 PM
Had thought about vectra GSI fog lghts in a nova GSI bumper but never got round to it.

Riggy
02-12-09, 08:59 PM
old skool lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/riggy4/Image129-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/riggy4/Image95.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/riggy4/9f03719e.jpg

Nova_Tek
02-12-09, 09:34 PM
I'm guessing they are not that easy to fit, if the Omega items are anything like the Cav MK3 foglight units they need a fair bit of space behnid the bumper. In saying that I do like the early foglights off the above car. they have a clear glass lens and also have a big glass unit inside, very modern looking.

Southie
02-12-09, 10:16 PM
I've been contemplating putting rectangular fogs in my snowplough just be a bit different, ain't too sure if it will look at bit like a magnum kit though. A mate of mines got some old xr2i foggies kicking about in his garage so may try them.