PDA

View Full Version : urgent

DEE'S NOVA
21-03-03, 03:15 PM
i'm going to delock the girlfriends nove and i'm grinding all the rust away just now so is it a case of just unbolting the lock(binning it) then weild a plate on the insde the fill it from the out side?or do i need to worry about solinoids or that?

quick responce appreciated

whitey
21-03-03, 03:26 PM
You will need solenoids but covering the hole won't get in the way of them! Look on www.topbuzz.co.uk under mods for a guide!

You don't need to weld a plate over! Fibreglass and filler will be good enough! It is unlikely to crack to be honest!

DEE'S NOVA
21-03-03, 03:36 PM
what is solinoids for anywat excatly as she has remote central locking so all she needs is the hsndles really

DEE'S NOVA
21-03-03, 04:07 PM
how much is solinoids?
and how do you take the locks out?

wisewood
21-03-03, 04:14 PM
the solenoids are used to set up the remote central locking, and if that already works fine locking and unlocking both doors you dont need to worry about it mate.

?Marty?
21-03-03, 05:27 PM
Depends on whether the solenoids/central locking is activated by the key in the lock, or by remote.

You may need to fit alarm with central locking output (cheapest is around ?65), and possibly another solenoid in the drivers door. To check if you'd need it, put the key in the passenger door lock and turn it. If it doesn't unlock the drivers door, you'll need another solenoid.

whitey
21-03-03, 10:16 PM
He said above that she has remote CL and as for removing the barrels there is just a clip give it a tug or heave with a screw driver! BUT watch your face and the paint work as its a violent fcuk! Disconnect and push barrel voila!

?Marty?
22-03-03, 12:20 AM
Nice one.

Sometimes i don't read the posts properly. :roll:

It's more secure to weld a plate in, but it's not necessary really.

ade
23-03-03, 05:55 PM
yeah - remove door cards, remove metal rod on the door lock, remove the C clip holding carrel on the inside - then you can either weld a plate over the hole or buy a 2cm washer (which needs making a little bit smaller, and a stubby bolt with top ground off - whack in hole and fill over. Seal with anti rust primer or a layer of resin on both sides. Then spray over

thats wot I did and you cant tell

You'll need a solenoid on the drivers side coz there isnt one - the key locks the door whoch activates the solenoid on the other door - all you do then is run 2 wires from this one back across the car to another solenoid on the drivers side which keeps the lock down (you wont have a key coz its delocked so when you activate alarm, this fires the switch to lock the door, door pin closes, activating the passenger solenoid, closing that pin which then activates the drivers door, keeping that one closed!)

Maplins ?10 for solenoid - simply drill 2 holes in the drivers door supports and line it up. The door pin on the drivers side links to it.

Novamad.net or nova-land.com had a v good guide (based on vauxhall solenoids)

DEE'S NOVA
24-03-03, 12:21 PM
MY REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING OPENS BOTH DOORS THE ONLY THING IT DON'T IS THE BOOT WHICH I'M LEAVING WITH A LOCK JUST INCASE IT GOES BUGGEREY :lol:

RIGHT A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT ANSWERS THERE SO THE CAR HAS REMOTE LOCKING WHICH OPENS AND CLOSES THE LOCKS SO I DON'T USE THE KEYS ANYWAY SO MAKE SENCE TO GET RIDE OF THE LOCK TO HELP STOP THIEFS SO WILL I GET ONE OR NOT?

I THOUGHT SOLINOIDS WHERE FOR POPPING THE DOOR WHEN YOU REMOVE THE HANDLES :oops:

Ste_Nova
24-03-03, 01:17 PM
in the boot use a cav motor and lock.... works fine :lol:

if fitting cl on a car with only a switch in the drivers side then upgrade to a carlton boot motor (easy to unwrap wires and long).... with switch and motor in

wisewood
24-03-03, 02:21 PM
in your case mate lal you need to do is delock the doors - its obviously already been set up ready for it properly.

solenoids can be used for all sorts of things - but you wanna read through the tech forum to find out stuff like that.

DEE'S NOVA
24-03-03, 02:24 PM
cheers for the help guys :P