PDA

View Full Version : can you spot..........

twistysnovagte
28-11-09, 05:48 PM
something wrong with the engine pic?:confused:
(apart from the silly cone filter which is coming off)
i let you know what ive been told after a couple guesses!
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/twist6151/DSCF1758.jpg

Graeme
28-11-09, 05:51 PM
The temp sender wire is not connected, the oil cap is off or the fact the engine is still in a Chavalier lol

twistysnovagte
28-11-09, 06:03 PM
The temp sender wire is not connected, the oil cap is off or the fact the engine is still in a Chavalier loltemp sender wire not connected?which is that greame?(fcuking usless under the bonnet unless changing oil plugs etc lol)

oil cap? come off it lol

still in a chavalier! harshlol

nope still havent got what ive been told is possibly a problem with the engine?

Pistol Pete
28-11-09, 06:05 PM
Dip stick is missing. Pressure problem?

Jon_nova1
28-11-09, 06:11 PM
fuel pressure regulator vacuum pipe should be going under the sfi box to the inlet?
and whats the thing that looks to be 2 expansion bottles?

the temp sensor is underneath where the hose is coming out on the bottom left

twistysnovagte
28-11-09, 06:17 PM
Dip stick is missing. Pressure problem?pete you are technically right,but that isnt the problem9the dipstick is back in i can asure you;)

right these were the two comments that was givin to me on another site im just lookin to clear this up that is all,im not tryin to make people look like tw@ts, its just got me thinkin thats all

first coment;

The fuel pressure regulator is that part with the red hose coming off it and heading down to the cone filter. I haven't heard of c20xe (which is your engine) require this, but I have heard of c20let, which is the turbo version c20xe, having the vacuum pipe off.

I would have your car put on a scanner or rollers, to see what fuel pressure you are running as you could be running what a turbo would run at, or might be running lean (which isn't good)

second comment;

What have you done to the fpr bud

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Pistol Pete
28-11-09, 06:18 PM
Where does the red hose run to?? IIRC and as Jon Nova said, it should connect somewhere on the inlet fannymold.

Jon_nova1
28-11-09, 06:20 PM
Wrong, the fuel pressure regulator hose should be going under the sfi box and connect to a vacuum on the inlet.....my c20xe's got it, im sure lots have lol

will have a quick nosy since im running a powercap:thumb:

twistysnovagte
28-11-09, 06:21 PM
Where does the red hose run to?? IIRC and as Jon Nova said, it should connect somewhere on the inlet fannymold.it does run under neath to the inlet manifold as this pic shows(not the clearest but this is behind the centre of the rocker cover)
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/twist6151/DSCF1787.jpg?t=1259432385

Jack
28-11-09, 06:21 PM
Pfft. Its a crappy 4 cylinder. You're missing two cylinders, thats whats wrong with it.

Jon_nova1
28-11-09, 06:26 PM
on mine the red hose goes to the vacuum on the right under the inlet (looking into the bay) the vacuum on the left on the inlet connects to the fuel vent valve

twistysnovagte
28-11-09, 06:28 PM
Pfft. Its a crappy 4 cylinder. You're missing two cylinders, thats whats wrong with it.i agree that six cylinder's are better than four,but not in the front of a nova,they should all stay small block ftw!.....astra gte's mk1/mk2 ascona's manta's chevette's yeah but not a nova, total waste of money lol:p