PDA

View Full Version : ibza splitter

shanehandley
21-03-03, 03:10 PM
how hard are these to fit how much they cost and will i be able to get car onto ramp for mot when lowered 60mm and the splitter fitted to a mk2 bumper.

thanks

shane.

Dicko
21-03-03, 03:17 PM
there about ?25 and yes u will get serious scrubbage off just about everything"!

Nova-Boy
21-03-03, 03:18 PM
www.nova-land.com

has a guide to fitting all sorts of splitters. As for the lowering i think it would be ok if you didn't go over speed bumps too fast.

And as for MOT time it wont be too hard to take off if it wont go on the ramp. The only hard part is getting it cut down to shape and size fit. Once on i would have thought it would be easy to screw on and off (unless you glued it!!)

Go do it!! Get it on. Then colour code it!

shanehandley
21-03-03, 03:22 PM
does anyone no a website where this can be ordered from!

Nova-Boy
21-03-03, 03:25 PM
Go and have a look at some nova sites and see what splitters will fit. Write them down and then get yourself to the scrap yard!!

No need to buy one new cos your only going to hack it up to fit! Unless your made of money that is! Then i would look at renault or seat sites for parts.

burgessovsalford
21-03-03, 03:37 PM
You will stuggle finding one in the scrappy, & as said there only ?25 brand new from Seat, so just go down to your local dealer....

mikeoxford
22-03-03, 12:09 AM
renault splitters are WELL expensive

ade
23-03-03, 10:22 PM
ibiza gte splitter will set you back ?37 (12 months ago inc vat) - fitting is ok but on a lowered car, you will catch everything - raised manhole covers, sharp dips in the road, the lot!

:(

I'm taking mine off coz its fcuked and I aint got speed bumps up by me.

Laguna ones are better - not so deep

Ade

mikeoxford
24-03-03, 12:06 AM
Laguna ones are better - not so deep
Ade

talking from experience also, there really rubbery so WELL easy to fit, as their pretty bendy

and also they take a lot of stick from bumps, etc etc etc