PDA

View Full Version : Corsa's are full on gay!

Mike
28-11-09, 12:49 PM
Its official, there w@nk :(

Its 4 degrees outside, its about to snow/sleet, an to change the headlight unit youve gotta remove the entire fcuking bumper :cry:

BUT first, youve gotta remove the arch trims before you can get to the bumper fixings!

Oh wait! To remove the arch trims youve take the wheels off aswell!

Knew i should off stuck to 80s cars :cry:

novalicous
28-11-09, 12:51 PM
corsa fail lol

Connor
28-11-09, 12:52 PM
lol i am guessing your on about a corsa c
had to do this to a friends corsa c
took blaaady ages lol

Joe Richardson
28-11-09, 12:53 PM
unlucky mikelol

should of got a corsa b like i did:d

Mike
28-11-09, 12:54 PM
Yea Corsa C chaps.

Already owned a few Corsa B's Joe :)

pikey1986
28-11-09, 12:55 PM
gutted for you, 80's cars ftw lol

Joe Richardson
28-11-09, 12:55 PM
Yea Corsa C chaps.

Already owned a few Corsa B's Joe :)

good everyday cars,while the nova sleeps over the winter in the garage:thumb:

Mike
28-11-09, 12:56 PM
good everyday cars,while the nova sleeps over the winter in the garage:thumb:

Yea there alrright.

The 1200 i had was a beast, the 12v was even better :d

Joe Richardson
28-11-09, 12:58 PM
Yea there alrright.

The 1200 i had was a beast, the 12v was even better :d

yeah mines a 1.2 8v ftw lol

AlexW
28-11-09, 01:11 PM
My tigra you have to remove the bumper to replace any headlight blub!

John
28-11-09, 01:14 PM
Lol mike, large prybar to remove, and re-fit with duct tape!

Welshy
28-11-09, 01:20 PM
Its official, there w@nk :(

Its 4 degrees outside, its about to snow/sleet, an to change the headlight unit youve gotta remove the entire fcuking bumper :cry:

BUT first, youve gotta remove the arch trims before you can get to the bumper fixings!

Oh wait! To remove the arch trims youve take the wheels off aswell!

Knew i should off stuck to 80s cars :cry:
on corsa b's u aint lol

Mike
28-11-09, 01:21 PM
on corsa b's u aint lol

I know, ive been there & done that aswell.

2 minute job on them.

Whilst im stripping the front end down later, i might actually get this spoiler fitted aswell come to think of it lol

burgo
28-11-09, 01:39 PM
you can actually get the bumpers off without removing the arch trim mike. have to reach up under the bumper and behind the **** shield to ge to the 10mm nut. once thats undone you can pull the arch trim out enough to release the bumper ;). used to do it all the time at the bodyshop like that

Mike
28-11-09, 01:42 PM
you can actually get the bumpers off without removing the arch trim mike. have to reach up under the bumper and behind the **** shield to ge to the 10mm nut. once thats undone you can pull the arch trim out enough to release the bumper ;). used to do it all the time at the bodyshop like that

Just been outside looking at that actually lol

Well, as I'm a skinny @unt, I've just kinda realised I might be able to reach up behind the **** gaurd an get to the lower nut for the headlight without having to remove anything :cool:

Nice one for the tip off aswell Luke :thumb: will do it that way if I have too :)

scott.parker
28-11-09, 02:01 PM
Stupid design surly they didn't think that one through! lol

Mike
28-11-09, 02:05 PM
Well wish me luck lol im off outside to brave it now lol

scott.parker
28-11-09, 02:09 PM
Good luck hope the weathers good...

MK999
28-11-09, 02:25 PM
Stupid design surly they didn't think that one through! lol

Course they did, harder it is to get at, more people take them back to dealerships.

novaguy08
28-11-09, 02:26 PM
Hey your lucky that you dont own a MK5 Golf or a Renault Megane! You have to take the bumper off them just to change the headlight bulb! cant get to them any other way!!

iirc the dealer price for a SINGLE bulb change is £80+vat!!

Yes new cars are a pain in the ****. Thats why I like to keep old ones that are bolted together with taking them apart in mind. I HATE newer cars because manufacturers must have a "Pain in the mechanics ****" Department that figure out ways to make the home mechanics life a pain, thus of course that means we take our cars to dealers and leave our wallets for them to rape!

Jack
28-11-09, 02:27 PM
Don't Halfords charge a fiver to change a bulb? Teehee :d

scott.parker
28-11-09, 02:28 PM
Funk that i would rather rape them then pay £80 for a bulb change! lol

Even my passat is easy..

Rich
28-11-09, 02:49 PM
hahaha take 2k for your old car that you can work onyourself and wont need a control unit when a brake bulb doesnt work, replace it with a amazingly crap new car you cant even change a bulb on.

Then in 5 years when your finished paying for it, you can sit back and realise youve paid more than 2k interest anyway, :)

Mike
28-11-09, 03:24 PM
What a fcuking mission that is :S

Headlight now works, the indicator bulb has gone :( AND the adjusting motor runs but doesnt work anymore? And the clip that holds the loom into the rear off the light has fell to peices, so the multi plug simply falls off, an the lights go out LOL elec tape FTW :D

burgo
28-11-09, 03:25 PM
yep its an art to get the adjusters in properly. fairly easy to break aswell

Mike
28-11-09, 03:26 PM
yep its an art to get the adjusters in properly. fairly easy to break aswell

I thought as much :( it runs, makes a god awful sqeeling noise, but the lights dont adjust :tard: an being as its now getting dark & I CBA, ill figure it out tomorrow.

burgo
28-11-09, 03:39 PM
you'll have to take the light out again. then the trick is to wind the adjuster all the way out, then hold the lence all the way in if you get what i mean. then you can actually see if youve located it properly :d

Welsh Dan
28-11-09, 03:47 PM
Yes new cars are a pain in the ****. Thats why I like to keep old ones that are bolted together with taking them apart in mind. I HATE newer cars because manufacturers must have a "Pain in the mechanics ****" Department that figure out ways to make the home mechanics life a pain, thus of course that means we take our cars to dealers and leave our wallets for them to rape!

On my mk3 Mondeo, I open the bonnet, undo 2 clips to remove the grille, undo 2 more clips to remove the headlight, unplug the headlight then take it indoors to change the bulb in the warm :d.

dave watson
28-11-09, 04:06 PM
the corsa b is for lads who like to spend asmuch time on there hair as there girlfriends the corsa c are for the lads which spend asmuch time as there girlfriends which also use faceiel produts and the corsa d is for the male butishon

Joe Richardson
28-11-09, 04:25 PM
the corsa b is for lads who like to spend asmuch time on there hair as there girlfriends the corsa c are for the lads which spend asmuch time as there girlfriends which also use faceiel produts and the corsa d is for the male butishon

lol i own a corsa b and i dont give a ****e about my hairlol

only use it for winter:)

dave watson
28-11-09, 04:36 PM
i no but u have a nova which makes u normal it kinda balances u out lol

brainsnova
28-11-09, 04:37 PM

you must wear a hat then lol

Joe Richardson
28-11-09, 04:38 PM
you must wear a hat then lol

nah mate lol

only have it so nova can stay away from the salt !

dave watson
28-11-09, 04:40 PM
how do you use quotes like lads i am abit new to this but briansnova that was a good comment

scott.parker
28-11-09, 04:47 PM
how do you use quotes like lads i am abit new to this but briansnova that was a good comment

Click quote bottom right mate, and also drop the text talk, as admin will ban you dude. :thumb:

Spudly
28-11-09, 04:52 PM

Oh so you take your hair off in summer do you if you only use it for winter lol

We charge £57.75 + Vat for an hours labour and a headlight bulb on a megane II is about 0.5 (half hour) and about £6 for the bulb, not the £80+ that someone said but considering i can go pull the bulbs out of my cav or my nova right now if i so desire its shockingly expensive, but as said its to make all new cars non-user serviceable so it eventually makes the company more money through these menial jobs being mainstealer only!

Joe Richardson
28-11-09, 04:59 PM
Oh so you take your hair off in summer do you if you only use it for winter lol!

;)

maybe lol

novaguy08
28-11-09, 05:03 PM
Oh so you take your hair off in summer do you if you only use it for winter lol

We charge £57.75 + Vat for an hours labour and a headlight bulb on a megane II is about 0.5 (half hour) and about £6 for the bulb, not the £80+ that someone said but considering i can go pull the bulbs out of my cav or my nova right now if i so desire its shockingly expensive, but as said its to make all new cars non-user serviceable so it eventually makes the company more money through these menial jobs being mainstealer only!

The renault expert speaks lol

Sorry to mis-quote spud, it was read somewhere, I would think that the price was exagerated where I read it. Or it could have been the price for the Golf, you lot know that im easily confused! lol

Still a good £40 for a lightbulb!

I withdraw my comment cheerfully :)

Spudly
28-11-09, 05:29 PM
Oh dont get me wrong i wasnt being snotty or anything like that dude, just saying although its not £80 its still daylight bloody robbery to charge that amount!

Oh and i think Jacks idea of go pay hellfrauds to do it for a fiver, although they probably have a list of no go's and megane IIs and corsa C's will be on it i reckon!

smcgsi16v
28-11-09, 06:30 PM
the corsa b is for lads who like to spend as
much time on there hair as there girlfriends

I quite agree, altho in my case i'm too old and dont have any hair to worry about so it don't apply to me.

But yes, Corsa's are for gays.
:eek: :wtf: :cry:

novaguy08
28-11-09, 06:30 PM
You can change a corsa C bulb with it on the car, I've done it! Its not easy but its possible! well, if you removed the battery it would be easy but I didn't bother lol

Knowing Halfrauds they'll say yes they'll do it for a fiver open the bonnet have a look at it spend 10 mins scratching their heads over it then say that they did it, take your fiver and wait for you to come back and complain about it, say that they did do it and wait for you to take a spaz over the ticket & points the police give you before admiting that they didnt in fact do it refund you the fiver and give you the most pathetic appology because of the points refuse to do anything about it because your supposed to check its been done then give you the complaints number who'll give you a reference number and do nothing about it. Think I hate halfrauds much?? lol

Also I know that you weren't being snotty spud, I ment no malace with the "Renault Expert" comment, If i thought you were being snotty then I would take a fit over it. My patience is razor thin today & I have a hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooge rant ready to go off so you would know it if you'd upset me lol as I said i read it somewhere so it was either exaggerated or some twonk actually paid £80 for them to do it

Mike
28-11-09, 06:32 PM
You can change a corsa C bulb with it on the car, I've done it! Its not easy but its possible! well, if you removed the battery it would be easy but I didn't bother lol

Removed the battery? You on crack?

The battery is under the scuttle panel, nowhere near the headlights?

John
28-11-09, 06:33 PM
Hey your lucky that you dont own a MK5 Golf or a Renault Megane! You have to take the bumper off them just to change the headlight bulb! cant get to them any other way!!

iirc the dealer price for a SINGLE bulb change is £80+vat!!

I work for vw, all bulbs are free fit! B0ll0x you don't have to take the headlight out to change ANY of the front bulbs. :roll:

John
28-11-09, 06:33 PM
Again when i worked at vauxhall, i NEVER removed a headlight to change a bulb! Lmao!

Mike
28-11-09, 06:34 PM
Again when i worked at vauxhall, i NEVER removed a headlight to change a bulb! Lmao!

Well no ive never removed the light to change the bulb lol

But erm, i think somewhere in this thread some ones lost the plot lol i changed the entire headlight, not the bulb lol lol lol

John
28-11-09, 06:37 PM
Well no ive never removed the light to change the bulb lol

But erm, i think somewhere in this thread some ones lost the plot lol i changed the entire headlight, not the bulb lol lol lol

lol lol

dave watson
28-11-09, 07:04 PM
I quite agree, altho in my case i'm too old and dont have any hair to worry about so it don't apply to me.

But yes, Corsa's are for gays.
:eek: :wtf: :cry:

haha i am 17 years old and i av a canny pair of recerders like haha

dave watson
28-11-09, 07:10 PM
i also dont give a stuff about people takeing batterys out to change a bulb that is pathetic anyway haha and i av changed bulds in all corsas and it is easy its a bit tight but how many cars arnt tight but lets get back to the point of corsas being gay haha

novaguy08
28-11-09, 09:19 PM
Been reading comments.

You're correct its not the battery, but there was something that ment I wasn't able to change the bulb on the passengers side very easily.

I never said that a Corsa C bumper had to come off to change a bulb. In fact nobody did. (BTW yes I lost the plot :D)

With the Golf thing, I READ it, so im sorry for getting it wrong (not the first time I got something wrong on here) but I didnt get it wrong in the first place. TBH I did question that notion myself when I looked under a Golf bonnet however I have never had to change a front bulb.

mmm'k?

novaguy08
28-11-09, 09:20 PM
I work for vw, all bulbs are free fit! B0ll0x you don't have to take the headlight out to change ANY of the front bulbs. :roll:

1. I wasn't aware of free bulb fittings on VW's
2. Price I mentioned wasn't for the Golf, it was something I read about the Megane, which I have since learned isn't correct either.

dave watson
28-11-09, 10:00 PM
Been reading comments.

You're correct its not the battery, but there was something that ment I wasn't able to change the bulb on the passengers side very easily.

I never said that a Corsa C bumper had to come off to change a bulb. In fact nobody did. (BTW yes I lost the plot :D)

With the Golf thing, I READ it, so im sorry for getting it wrong (not the first time I got something wrong on here) but I didnt get it wrong in the first place. TBH I did question that notion myself when I looked under a Golf bonnet however I have never had to change a front bulb.

mmm'k?

if u read back a few pages some 1 said the bumper has to come off the arch trims av to come off and the wheels have to come off and if u think u had to take the battery out to change a bulb i wouldnt want u any were near my car good job i am a mechanic :thumb:

Sloth
28-11-09, 10:18 PM
try a gen 7 celica nsf headlight bulb. remove in this order, slam panel trim, enginebay trim, airbox top and inlet pipe, airbox bottom, fuse box lid, unbolt fusebox, unbolt pas tank, unbolt inner arch splash guards, unbolt bumper, unbolt headlamp. takes 1 hr to change the bulbs, toyota say do both headlights at the same time, and the bulbs are £23 each!!!

novaguy08
29-11-09, 11:40 AM
Ok sloth you win!!

Jack
29-11-09, 11:54 AM
LOL was wondering when someone would mention the G7.

Mind you, the G6 isn't easy. Sure you don't need to remove half the car, and the OS is easy. The NS you need tiiiiiny small japhands to do though, there is seriously fcuk all room to get behind the lamp. Fcuking hard when you're putting HIDs in and trying not to bash the lamp as you put it in the holder.

Mike
29-11-09, 12:06 PM
^ ill stick the Corsa's then lol

I managed to change the entire light, without removing nothing other then the headlight :)

Altho the sh1tty plastic clips that connect the wiring loom to the lamp fell to bits :( an without siad clip, the connecter literally drops off lol

burgo
29-11-09, 12:14 PM
superglue FTW ;)

Sloth
29-11-09, 01:13 PM
/\ agreed, mine did that, just gaffad it on. jack dont mention g6's or tanias will blow its bulbs......

jimmcass3
30-11-09, 10:46 PM
Thats why you invest your money in a sensible road legal go kart. A Nova :)

Mike
01-12-09, 04:10 PM
Thats why you invest your money in a sensible road legal go kart. A Nova :)

Why the fcuk would i want a Nova when i needed/bought a van dick head.

burgo
02-12-09, 02:42 AM
Why the fcuk would i want a Nova when i needed/bought a van dick head.

rofl - copter and all that. mike ill build you a nova combi van if you want.

cut the van bit off yours and weld it onto a nova :)