PDA

View Full Version : honda engine

tonydry
21-03-03, 12:30 PM
if i wanted to put a honda engine into a nova what would i need to do would it be possible ive been offered a 1.6 type r engine cheap 170+bhp standard

Dicko
21-03-03, 03:16 PM
LOTS of work lol

but yes it would fly if you could get it to work

Nova-Boy
21-03-03, 03:21 PM
Anything is possible with enough work. But realisticly i would have thought if it will fit into the engine bay you will be able to make up brackets to weld in to get it to fit some how.

What would you call it a Hova?

or a Nonda?

tonydry
21-03-03, 04:04 PM
what about gear box and injection.the engine is probably smaller than a astra 2.0l so size wize that shouldent be a problem im just wondering about engine mounts ect can u get them mede up ?

CP
23-03-03, 08:03 PM
I read in CCC of a mini conversion of the Integra type r engine and apparently it kicks ass.

Ben (lurk75)
23-03-03, 08:11 PM
Why would you want to do it?

And what type R engine is 1600 16v?

Stuart
23-03-03, 09:08 PM
the Vtech is ideal for "light" cars since it has the average cams for off the mark and general drivng, so traction wont be a problem, and then the big cams kick in to give proper top end once your moving.

if the engine fits the space then jsut homologate the honda/vauxhall mounts to make it fit.

as for the injection, aslong as you get the engine loom from the honda and the ecu your sorted, jsut a matter of butchering the honda and nova loom together.

technially its simple, jstu a matter of time and money

mowgli
23-03-03, 09:15 PM
I hope that the gearbox is included in the deal, cos the honda lumps always rotate the opposite way to all of the European motors.

If you don't believe me, look under the bonnet of the old shape rover216, the engine is on the lefthand side of the engine bay and the box is on the right. It would be a mammoth engineering job, a 1600 ecotec would be a much better option cos it would slide straight in, and with a new inlet manifold the std motor can make 140 bhp, SBD does a throttle body kit that would make it about 180.