PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...

Dave.
26-11-09, 10:08 PM
Today i spent 3 hours hoovering/drying out the inside of a Golf that some plonker had left the window down on and left outside... in the rain!

I wet-vac'ed it all out etc etc, let the window down then left it outside in the sun to dry

And i forgot to put the window up before i went home.... and its now teaming lol.... oh no :(

CoolTiger
26-11-09, 10:10 PM
lol atleast you know what your doing tomorrow :), dont the cars come in at nighT?

Jack
26-11-09, 10:10 PM
Plonker.

brainsnova
26-11-09, 10:11 PM
fail.

LEWI007
26-11-09, 10:12 PM
lol

Thats worse than the time when the other guy off here forgot his garage shutter was closed and reversed into it lol

Dave.
26-11-09, 10:12 PM
lol atleast you know what your doing tomorrow :), dont the cars come in at nighT?

Nope, ill get in early tomorrow, put the window up, and say it diddnt dry lol

MattBrown
26-11-09, 10:13 PM
HAHAHAHA

Daves making tea all day tomorow, and paying for everyones bacon butties!

FAIL

Take pics to prove the fail:)

Graeme
26-11-09, 10:13 PM
Was it sunny today?

wwmnw
26-11-09, 10:14 PM
lollollollol

mowgli
26-11-09, 10:25 PM
next time get a space heater in there.

you'd be amazed just how much water can get thru an open window & on to a seat. we once managed a whole bucketful thru a 1" window gap using a rolled up magazine as a funnel on a rainy day to annoy the twunt who'd parked his van in the way

Spudly
26-11-09, 10:34 PM
When you get in tomorrow, wetvac it out (assuming you guys have one) then strike it up and leave all the windows closed barring the drivers one which needs to be down about two inches, then bung the blowers on full and directed on face/feet and leave it running as long as possible:thumb:

Dave.
26-11-09, 10:36 PM
next time get a space heater in there.

you'd be amazed just how much water can get thru an open window & on to a seat. we once managed a whole bucketful thru a 1" window gap using a rolled up magazine as a funnel on a rainy day to annoy the twunt who'd parked his van in the way

It has no passenger seat lol, and the carpets lifed up, so its the grey sponge sound deadening thatll be absorbing the water :(

Dave.
26-11-09, 10:36 PM
When you get in tomorrow, wetvac it out (assuming you guys have one) then strike it up and leave all the windows closed barring the drivers one which needs to be down about two inches, then bung the blowers on full and directed on face/feet and leave it running as long as possible:thumb:

Going to do that as soon as i get in :thumb:

Spudly
26-11-09, 10:38 PM
If youve not done it before you will be surprised how quickly it dries out but leave it as long as you possibly can:d

MattBrown
26-11-09, 10:38 PM
Actually I did this:(

I think me n Cooltiger fixed it:)

500watt floodlight, face down on the carpet!

Be very very carefull though!

As setting your car on fire hurts!

Spudly
26-11-09, 10:39 PM
Actually I did this:(

I think me n Cooltiger fixed it:)

500watt floodlight, face down on the carpet!

Be very very carefull though!

As setting your car on fire hurts!

There are all the steps you need for an epic fail, follow my advice Dave trust me, ive been a valeter about six years now:cool:

Dave.
26-11-09, 10:43 PM
Cheers Spud, i just hope to god that its not too bad lol

Spudly
26-11-09, 10:46 PM
Shouldnt be, just make sure you wetvac it out and drain as much as you can before you fire it up, just in case the water is high enough to be troubling the electrics :d

mowgli
26-11-09, 10:49 PM
even a handheld electric heat gun can dry a car interior out. we have one with a proper on off switch & we have dried loads of stuff out before including 1000litre fuel bowsers