PDA

View Full Version : suspension setup suggestions

yayoboy
26-11-09, 09:18 PM
ok, im skint at the moment so plenty of time to come up with potential setups! im just asking peoples opinions really of what to go for, im not really that clued up on whats the best to go for gaz, avo?? and what models do what etc. the car is mainly going to be a track tool, but its also going to be used on the road occasionally, only thing worth mentioning is that i have and sbd type c manifold a 2.5 inch system, which sits looooow! and ill be having 16" comps probably aswell if that helps. so...... over to you lot!

AlexW
26-11-09, 09:19 PM
Gaz stuff is sworn by, best of having a search and making up your own mind.

Graeme
26-11-09, 09:21 PM
I'd go for the Gaz's that are £410 off here club member discount

let_nova
26-11-09, 09:21 PM
track use you might get a bit better handling on the nova with 15s. also anything from gaz is good. if ordering new from them its all made to order so you can request higher spring poundage at no extra cost iirc

yayoboy
26-11-09, 09:27 PM
agree with you about the 15"s mate, but ive got 300mm hispecs to go on so wont fit :( what sort of height and other adjustment will you get from the gaz ranges? cheers

let_nova
26-11-09, 09:28 PM
anything you want

Graeme
26-11-09, 09:30 PM
They are almost full custom off them, you can also have them made for proper top mounts at no extra costs, pm Stu for the contact details amd call them

yayoboy
26-11-09, 09:32 PM
pm Stu for the contact details amd call them

yeah speaking to them is probably my best bet :thumb: , i pm stu and give them a buzz, but please feel free to comment on your dealings with the different setups to improve my knowledge;)

Graeme
26-11-09, 09:35 PM
I personally think avos are ****e I had there full coilovers and they cost me 550 quid and were always dead harsh and rough, also the ally nuts would corroded and when not move on the threads, replace them twice even after regularly greasing them to keep them moving

MattBrown
26-11-09, 09:48 PM
I personally think avos are ****e I had there full coilovers and they cost me 550 quid and were always dead harsh and rough, also the ally nuts would corroded and when not move on the threads, replace them twice even after regularly greasing them to keep them moving

Pectorals!

HMMM, how bad were they pal?

As im in the same boat, got xmas coming, and 2 cars needing coilovers!:thumb:

Graeme
26-11-09, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't have them again, like a cheap set of springs fitted to factory shocks, always felt on the bump stops, even then they weren't that low

MattBrown
26-11-09, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't have them again, like a cheap set of springs fitted to factory shocks, always felt on the bump stops, even then they weren't that low

Your refering to coil-overs here fella?

I was thinking the £410 set, 300IB springs and alloy adjustable topmounts for castor and camber!

Also, I may have a Ash tray:thumb:

Graeme
26-11-09, 10:03 PM
Get the gaz's mate and yeah I was talking about the avo coilovers and I think your brother Adam has me an ashtray

burgo
26-11-09, 10:14 PM
for mainly track gaz coil overs.

b-road bashing then without a doubt bilstein b12's. yes they are more expensive than gaz coilovers but they are ridiculously good imo

Adam
26-11-09, 10:20 PM
Avo are ok if you dont want to run it low!!!

Anything over about 50-60mm and they bottom out when you hit a bump.

I run mine at a sensible height and its fine, handles awesomely!!

If you are buying new, get the shortened Gaz

MattBrown
26-11-09, 10:41 PM
Hmm, so many choices!

I want it low, but then the camber, shaft angles, rake, bump steer, castor etc are affected:(