PDA

View Full Version : Valve sizes?

_JH_
20-03-03, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know the 2 valve sizes for the heads on the following engines as standard:

1.2 carb?

1.2 spi?

1.3 sr?

1.4 carb?

1.4 spi?

1.4 sri?

e16se?

I bought total vauxhall for the first time this month and it showed the b++. It said it used larger valves, but on my head from my gte engine, the gap between the vales is the same as that of the b++. does it mean bigger valves than on a 1.4? or has my head been modified? its had a bottom end rebuild with some balancing and lightening by the looks of things, but the head hasn't been polished. (i dunno if i've explained myself right but i'm knackered)

mikeoxford
20-03-03, 11:24 PM
i think they have moved the valves further apart before putting bigger valves in

does that makes sense?

basically moved the valve closer to the edge to accomodate biggest valve

_JH_
20-03-03, 11:37 PM
see what you mean but that would be tricky without moving it away from the old hole would it not? havent got a) the mag in front of me, b) the head in front of me or c) my brain in gear so dunno. sounds poss though

mikeoxford
20-03-03, 11:39 PM
well thats how i was told it was done

but thinking about it right, if they do that it means they have to move the small valve guide hole and everything else also and that sounds like graft, not forgetting it cant move toooo far else it wont line up with the cam!!!!!!

rgv_stu
21-03-03, 10:46 AM
from what i can remember all the valves are same size except the 1400sri and 1600 which are bigger

you should be able to reseat the larger valves into the other heads without much fuss

_JH_
21-03-03, 05:09 PM
yeah, measured the valves this morning and they are the same size as that of the b++. so they must use 1600 valves on b++ heads for 1400s.

mikeoxford
21-03-03, 11:54 PM
yeah, measured the valves this morning and they are the same size as that of the b++. so they must use 1600 valves on b++ heads for 1400s.

so when they say the valves are bigger....... there no bigger than standard items of larger heads?