PDA

View Full Version : bucket seats

1389cc sri
20-03-03, 10:51 PM
does any 1 hav or no any body with fixed bucket but are on a sliding sub-frame.
as i wont sports seats but cant afford recliners.
i was just wonderin can u still get people in da back or is it a struggle?

:eating:

mikeoxford
20-03-03, 11:28 PM
struggle

people say its a struggle even so with tilting subframes, as cos the seats are solid, they only lift a few inches before hitting the roof.........

?Marty?
20-03-03, 11:31 PM
Fit one Bucket, and a pair of LARGE nitros bottles (have empty one's if u can't afford the real shit) inplace of the passenger seat. Then you can still get two people in the back too.

But you'll need to do something with the back seat to make it look right too.

Nova-Boy
21-03-03, 03:28 PM
I have Cobra seats in the golf that tilt and they are fine. Just like normal seats to get in and out of the back. On the other hand my birds jeep has tilting sub frames and you can bearly get in the back.

Anton
21-03-03, 04:42 PM
I GOT 2 LEATHER COBRA BUCKETS FOR SALE

PM ME FOR MORE INFO

Jim
22-03-03, 09:38 PM
I've got Corbeau seats on sliding subframes. The dont slide forward enough to get people into the back. I have no rear seats anyway, so it's not an issue for me.

Jim

Chris LR
22-03-03, 09:41 PM
Make em get in thru the boot, works for me.

Will
22-03-03, 09:45 PM
Make em get in thru the boot, works for me.

Yep i do this also, who says u cant drive into town for shopping with 3 people and 2 seats :D lol

Breeny
22-03-03, 09:48 PM
Don't buy if you have a bad back! :o

Mine were fookin painful! I had to get rid.

Chris LR
22-03-03, 09:51 PM
If the top is fully down (tied down) or if the back is full - You can get 3 in the front of a Landy, but I have to get the middle passenger to put it into 4th, I don't feel comfortable :| , unless it's a lady :wink:

mikeoxford
24-03-03, 01:02 AM
If the top is fully down (tied down) or if the back is full - You can get 3 in the front of a Landy, but I have to get the middle passenger to put it into 4th, I don't feel comfortable :| , unless it's a lady :wink:

do you skip from 1st to third then?!

Davros
24-03-03, 09:05 AM
Would i be right in saying that a car wont pass an MOT if you have back seats that are difficult to access? Incase you have a crash aand folk get stuck in the back. I don't have that problem coz nobodys stupid enough to get in the back of my car. :P

mikeoxford
24-03-03, 02:00 PM
Would i be right in saying that a car wont pass an MOT if you have back seats that are difficult to access? Incase you have a crash aand folk get stuck in the back. I don't have that problem coz nobodys stupid enough to get in the back of my car. :P

nah all they check is seatbelt functions correlty if fitted to rear

Ben (lurk75)
24-03-03, 05:17 PM
My buckets tilt and slide but you would have to fight with the cgae to get in there. :o

(and i bet that it will win)

Chris LR
24-03-03, 07:04 PM
Depending on the passenger I somtimes go 1st - 3rd.

Lady Passengers get me into 4th :wink: