PDA

View Full Version : Insurance - Expensive !

Markd89
25-11-09, 09:28 PM
I've had my license 2 years but have been in between jobs so always cancelling my policy within the year limit so i have 0ncb

I have just been offered a job full time making flavoured water =D
so i have bout a winter run around that cost me £70 ( pug 306 1.9D )
Its in insurance group 4

the cheapest i have so far is £892.41 tpft with 100 excess

im 20 0ncb driving 2 years
is that cheap ? when i was insured on my corsa sri it was £600 tpft
anyone recommened anywhere to try i've used all the comparrison websites

Jack
25-11-09, 10:48 PM
That could be cheap, or it could be expensive. Whats your postcode area? How many miles? Assuming you have a clean license and no claims?

Try Admiral/Elephant (add an experienced second driver), Direct Line, Bell, esure, Asda, Tesco, basically pick up the phone and ring everyone in the yellow pages.

Logical Improvement
25-11-09, 10:50 PM
1) Put an older female on the policy. I once asked my insurance company what I'd save by taking my wife of the policy. They wanted 20% more to take her off.
2) Shop around. By this I mean phone all the brokers in Max Power and Popular classics and each time you get a quote, reduce it by 15% and phone the next company and tell them you've had a quote of X. This works because they all try to make at least 20% mark up but start with 200% mark up and by knocking 15% of, each time you eventually bottom out.
3) Sometime fully comp is cheaper. I know not why, but reputable firms consider that people asking for TPFT must be high risk.
4) Go for a £1000 volantary excess.
5) Car is garaged at night ? Tell them it is. It won't matter as you are not going to get your £70 back with that silly excess.
6) What JOB did you tell them you do? Sometimes Factory worker is higher than say Assembly Technician.