PDA

View Full Version : Clocks not working?

Nobby
25-11-09, 05:40 PM
Right another question, when i bought my nova the clocks were fine, now when i got home the battery light came on and my clocks died no lights or nothing now i have changed the engine i still have nothing the speedo doesnt even work? are they fuesd or? any help appreciated!

AlexW
25-11-09, 05:41 PM
the speedo wont work unless the cable is in, no need for electrics for that.

Check the plug, preety sure there not fused anywhere. Pop out the clocks and check the tracks on the back too.

Nobby
25-11-09, 05:44 PM
me bro fitted the cable will have to have a nose tommorow just strange when i pulled on my drive and the lot went off and the battery light stayed on and now nothing

AlexW
25-11-09, 05:45 PM
Sounds like a dodgy connection, or a burnt track or somthing. Pull the clocks out bud

Guderian
25-11-09, 05:46 PM
The speedo was definitely working beforehand..?

If not.... the shutdown of everything else could be explained by a bad earth, (mines a mk2 and the earths are 1) next to steering column 2) behind centre cold air vents) There is a thread elsewhere on here discussing where the earlier car's earths are.. (last week i think)

benton101
26-11-09, 12:14 AM
i got a similar problem in my corsa, i started it up after driving it and my battery light and handbrake light were still on, no gauges worked when i let my handbrake off the light went off and my rev counter worked.

all it was was a fuse, i iirc it was in the top left hand corner of the fuse box in the corsa, dont know if novas are different.
hope that helps

Nobby
27-11-09, 06:45 PM
still got the problem lads, my main beam light is on when my dips are on i have a indicator wire but the handbrake wire comes on when the lighst are on but the clocks still dont light up?