PDA

View Full Version : xe non start timing out?

Nobby
25-11-09, 05:37 PM
right had a right cafuffle today with my nova, the engine was running in my belmont on bike carbs no problems at all. Took engine out and cleaned it off and changed the pulley from a multi v to single v. Then put it in the nova, now tried to start it today and it wants to fire but wont, i have wired my igniton live to the + side of the coil and wired in my fuel pump with a igntion live. Now i have a spark an fuel up to the carbs but it wont fire, IF i advance the dizzy so that it wont bolt up (over advance like) it will just about run, but all it does either way is pop and bang! Have checked my leads 1342 all seem ok (if anyone has a lead order diagram just incase would be brill!)
So last checked the timing now the crank when on 6 oclock knocks the cams out anticlockwise a tooth! would this be enough to no start? I have fuel and spark? Sorry for the essay! any help more than appreciated! :confused:

Spudly
25-11-09, 07:30 PM
Have you replaced the resistive wire to the coil, as it was a 1ltr originally, this could be the cause of your woes dude!

Nobby
25-11-09, 09:39 PM
Have you replaced the resistive wire to the coil, as it was a 1ltr originally, this could be the cause of your woes dude!

can you explain more matey??

Jon_nova1
25-11-09, 09:42 PM
it has a resistor wire to stop the plugs burning out, also known as "ballast resistor"

Nobby
25-11-09, 09:43 PM
it has a resistor wire to stop the plugs burning out, also known as "ballast resistor"

so what do i do matey?

AlexW
25-11-09, 09:47 PM
Run a new ign live.

Nobby
25-11-09, 10:01 PM
Run a new ign live.

thats what im being told pal i couldnt understand why it wont run as it came out of the belmont after i drove it to my garage and the straight into the nova :confused:

AlexW
25-11-09, 10:02 PM
On the car, nowt to do with th engine itself.

Nobby
25-11-09, 10:05 PM
i know lol i ment that at work they all reckoin the timing is out but i drove the engine to my garage and then took the engine out and put it in the nova so the engine should be fine imo. But on the belmont i used the leccy window switch for my ignition live lol

Sloth
26-11-09, 09:11 AM
reverse light feed!!!

Nobby
26-11-09, 06:56 PM
reverse light feed!!!

??

Nobby
26-11-09, 07:22 PM
also +rep to spudley it fired up 1st time with a direct feed!! cheers pal!!

Spudly
26-11-09, 07:29 PM
Spot on dude glad you got it running, now get the mot booked lol

Nobby
26-11-09, 07:47 PM
Spot on dude glad you got it running, now get the mot booked lol

got more problems now matey! carbs are seeming to be chcuking fuel out?? and something is sparking underneath them by the altenator starter etc not good!!

Jon_nova1
26-11-09, 08:15 PM
by the alternator? sounds like the pulley rubbing on the chassis leg, it should also emit a strange grinding noise lol

Nobby
26-11-09, 08:55 PM
by the alternator? sounds like the pulley rubbing on the chassis leg, it should also emit a strange grinding noise lol

na lol its no where near it was under the inlet manifold where sparking