PDA

View Full Version : trackdays!

sr jack
25-11-09, 03:24 PM
hi people i want to take the gte on the odd trackday. but do i have to have a non sunroof car?:confused:

andrew1988
25-11-09, 03:40 PM
No reason why you cant take a sunroofed car? People often prefer them because theyre more rigid and easier to fit cage

Nick
25-11-09, 03:41 PM
Nope, doesn't matter if you have a sunroof or not.

I'd suggest you invest in some decent front pads and a pair of good tyres up-front.

sr jack
25-11-09, 04:04 PM
Nope, doesn't matter if you have a sunroof or not.

I'd suggest you invest in some decent front pads and a pair of good tyres up-front.

thanks pepz. yer i have v6 brakes and t1r's if their good enough. oh and nick i have a E16se bottom end:thumb:

George g
25-11-09, 04:06 PM
sometimes they ask you to tape it over so just take some gaffa tape/ insulation tape... other than that, have fun!

burgo
25-11-09, 04:31 PM
No reason why you cant take a sunroofed car? People often prefer them because theyre more rigid and easier to fit cage

i think your a tad confused mate. most cages a designed for cars without sunroofs therefore its much harder to fit one with a sunroof. also how the hell is a roof with a big **** off hole cut in it gonna be more rigid??

Ste L
25-11-09, 04:33 PM
i think your a tad confused mate. most cages a designed for cars without sunroofs therefore its much harder to fit one with a sunroof. also how the hell is a roof with a big **** off hole cut in it gonna be more rigid??

he mean's more rigid without the big hole in the roof

sr jack
25-11-09, 04:56 PM
lol now now might make a cage out of drain pipe haha

Pistol Pete
25-11-09, 05:25 PM
People do track days in convertibles, so having a sunroof shouldnt be an issue.

Get out there and enjoy!

sr jack
25-11-09, 05:40 PM
People do track days in convertibles, so having a sunroof shouldnt be an issue.

Get out there and enjoy!

thanks pete, it fun enough on the road so it should be fun on the track:d

Pistol Pete
25-11-09, 06:42 PM
Its legal on a track though...;)

*Dave*
25-11-09, 07:14 PM
lol your attitude has changed jack lol didnt want to take the sr on track incase you smashed it.

now you cant wait to thrash the gte !!

ill be up 4 it in the new year.

sr jack
25-11-09, 07:25 PM
lol your attitude has changed jack lol didnt want to take the sr on track incase you smashed it.

now you cant wait to thrash the gte !!

ill be up 4 it in the new year.

its because it has a mk1 dash lol

Stuart
25-11-09, 07:38 PM
T1's will take a beating on a dry day but might just about do you fine in the wet

sr jack
25-11-09, 07:41 PM
T1's will take a beating on a dry day but might just about do you fine in the wet

might have to get some 15's and put some real tyres on their. ill let you guess what tyres i mean lol

andrew1988
25-11-09, 07:46 PM
he mean's more rigid without the big hole in the roof

What he said!

Everyones so quick round here to jump down your throat at the slightest mistake

burgo
26-11-09, 05:46 AM
What he said!

Everyones so quick round here to jump down your throat at the slightest mistake

and your point being?

mrT
26-11-09, 07:23 AM
if your going on the track mate i,d question your tyre choice,i think toyos are ****e,had the proxos on the nova and the t1r,s on ma pug,neither were very good in the dry and both hopeless in the wet imo

sr jack
26-11-09, 07:41 AM
if your going on the track mate i,d question your tyre choice,i think toyos are ****e,had the proxos on the nova and the t1r,s on ma pug,neither were very good in the dry and both hopeless in the wet imo

whats your sugestion then:confused:

mrT
26-11-09, 08:28 AM
888"s or yoko paradas spec 2 for a dry tyre,pirelli p6000-goodyear eagle f1,s for a well priced all round tyre,its all down to what you can afford at the time bud,i tried the toyos just to see,i found zero grip with slightest bit of damp/rain but its only my opinion,would never buy them again but many others would disagree

Stuart
26-11-09, 09:27 AM
Kumho KU31's all weathers.

888's are great but they will mask a lot of underlying faults with the car/driver.
I find it more fun on a slightly limited grip setup so you can find the limit without being at near death speeds.

sr jack
26-11-09, 06:42 PM
thanks for the advice stu