PDA

View Full Version : battery wont charge

minichunk
25-11-09, 10:07 AM
can any 1 help me i have a 2lt corsa b i had for a while n the battery now wont charge i have changed the battery the altanator checked the wires earths and nothing is staying on when i switch the engine off confused is to why it wont charge

Tony M
25-11-09, 11:43 AM
can any 1 help me i have a 2lt corsa b i had for a while n the battery now wont charge i have changed the battery the altanator checked the wires earths and nothing is staying on when i switch the engine off confused is to why it wont charge

The battery holds the charge when the engine is off, the car doesn't charge the battery when the engine is off because the alternator isn't running. Change the battery?

Guderian
25-11-09, 05:50 PM
....Definitely not the boot light staying on?? fold rear seat down and check maybe..

NB Voltage at battery will be 14 approx with engine running... unless it's not receiving a charge in which case it will be 12 ish.

paddy138
25-11-09, 08:16 PM
use a voltmeter to see if its charging and if it is chraging when its fully charged take it out of car and see if battery goes flat after a couple of hours

John
25-11-09, 08:19 PM
Alternator light wired up correctly to diode on alternator?

minichunk
26-11-09, 08:19 PM
thanks ppl i have changed the battery a few time and the boot light isnt staying on and everything is wired up right.ill check it on my m8s voltage meter 2moz as thats my only day off