PDA

View Full Version : want to start rallying

supernovaxe
24-11-09, 10:45 PM
really keen on starting rallying, wanted to do it since can i remember and knows a good time for me, i have two novas both are set up with c20xe's and they are both ongoing projects, i have space to store and build cars and a van and A frame for getting to events, ive had a look on the net and nothings made very clear and would be very interested in hearing opinions of people who have experience in this field, cheers:thumb:

Mike
24-11-09, 10:48 PM
Best advice is, join your local car club (not talking krooze websites either) i mean proper motor car club, full of old people called George, Sam & Edward etc etc etc

The will be the first step in the right direction. Get yourself an upto date blue book (FIA/MSA vehicle regs) an look more into 12 cars, night rallys an single venues to start with.

Have a nosey here >> http://www.semsec.org.uk/

bullseye
27-11-09, 01:39 PM
First decide if its road rallies (12 car etc) or stage rallies, the regs for the car are very different, Get yourself a blue book (comes free when you apply for the MSA license), If your going down the stage car route then you'll need to get a BARS test to get the National B race license (rally schools do the test, mostly theory about rules etc), blue book regs include things like fire proof linings to an MSA approved helmet, Nomex suit, Plastic windows (apart from the front screen) or plastic film applied to the inside of your windows, right cage, extinguishers etc etc.
Your co-driver will need a national B non race License min (no need for BARS test) plus the same standard suit,hat.
Car will need to be MSA Log booked as well, all explained in the blue book