PDA

View Full Version : LET conversion help

GSI-TOMMY
24-11-09, 08:50 PM
hi my mate's missus is going away to australia for a month and he wants to put his rotton cav turbo c20let engine in her nova as a surprise while shes away.

he could do with a list of everything needed to fit it ,a rough price and the best place to source the parts.

he has
c20let engine
gearbox
stich welded engine bay and chassis leg mod done

would appreciate the advice!

thanks tom:thumb: :)

let_nova
24-11-09, 09:00 PM
shafts
bigg inner cvs
machined out hubs to take big cvs
mounts
intercooler pipes
fuel pump
alternator and bottom v pulleys
if its the F28 tie bar lowerng mounts
good radiator and fan
bigger brakes
bend over clutch cable
bend over heater matrix pipe
change the speedo drive if its electric
etc etc

GSI-TOMMY
24-11-09, 09:11 PM
im not sure wot gearbox hes using !
what needs doing to the f28 to convert it to 2wd?
thanks for the list

Bubba
24-11-09, 09:33 PM
2wd conversion kit.

not another cav turbo being send to the great carpark in the sky :(

Spudly
24-11-09, 09:37 PM
not another cav turbo being send to the great carpark in the sky :(

As above, save it and kill a ghey calibra :cry::cry::cry:

let_nova
24-11-09, 09:41 PM
lol pm me if he would sell engine

GSI-TOMMY
24-11-09, 09:43 PM
he would if he could its his pride and joy but it is f00k'd hes drove it wiv no tax or test on it for 14 months and not got pulled.
If i went a day over id get pulled
so hes quitin while he is ahead!

Spudly
24-11-09, 09:49 PM
Tell him to send it to the bodyshop and fix it up, seriously there really arent many left now :cry:

AlanH
24-11-09, 09:53 PM
machined out hubs to take big cvs<<or run gsi shafts with 22 spline inners and keep the std. size hubs. seen a few LET's running them with no problems, not ideal if you're running huge power but fine for a 200-250bhp engine IMHO. f28 requires modification of the mount as well i beleive, not sure though, done no research on this as i have no intention of fitting one. as for brakes i'd go for either 288mm v6 items or 308mm astra gsi ones depending on the wheels on it (288s fit under 15s)

auzzy2000
24-11-09, 09:57 PM
hi my mate's missus is going away to australia for a month and he wants to put his rotton cav turbo c20let engine in her nova as a surprise while shes away.

he could do with a list of everything needed to fit it ,a rough price and the best place to source the parts.

he has
c20let engine
gearbox
stich welded engine bay and chassis leg mod done

would appreciate the advice!

thanks tom:thumb: :)Mental get that done and it will be a big surprise when she pulls away like normallolVideo it:thumb:

GSI-TOMMY
24-11-09, 10:15 PM
Mental get that done and it will be a big surprise when she pulls away like normallolVideo it:thumb:

ye we will put a spy camera behind the clock or sumwhere id love to se her face!
she will probly wrap it round a treelol