PDA

View Full Version : C20XE Loom problem

auzzy-b
23-11-09, 11:25 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly whats wrong with it? and were all wires should be/go for the nova..

Lots of wires been cut here, guessing some shouldnt be

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt87/austen-b/Photo0498.jpg

same for fuel relay, is the correct wire cut?

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt87/austen-b/Photo0501.jpg

And i know the most common place to mount the ECU is under the fuse box (o/s) but is the best place without having to remove any interior plastics etc?
Thanks for any help:)

Jon_nova1
24-11-09, 04:58 PM
top pic....

green goes to the rev counter on the dash
The rest are unused or for the ECU light/diagnostics

Bottom pic

Red/blue goes to your fuel pump
Brown/blue, no idea, it could where that someones put an ECU diag with the fuel pump relay?

auzzy-b
24-11-09, 10:10 PM
Thanks jonnova.. i already get which wires go to which for the conversion but cant understand why there are so many that have been cut, and what they for?the reason i asked about the fuel pump (red/blue wire) is to check if its the correct wire being used? seen a pic in the articles which looks different:(

Jon_nova1
24-11-09, 10:14 PM
looks like the right one to me, it should come on when the engines cranked, as for the rest, looks like someones just cut them all off the connectors

theres aload of wires that usually go to connectors that go to nothing on the conversion

auzzy-b
24-11-09, 10:35 PM
well i have had it running my xe before and it seemed to work fine.. just want to make sure its ok incase somthing goes wrong! i guess the brown/blue off the fuel relay could of been connected to one of the two that are twisted together in the other pic? mabye:confused: lol

auzzy-b
16-04-10, 08:02 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt87/austen-b/Photo0501.jpg

If anybody has a late coil type c20xe loom knocking about can you have a quick check to see were these two wires off the fuel relay should run to? I have the loom fitted in the car and it all works but i need to reconnect these and im not sure were they go?

auzzy-b
17-04-10, 09:20 PM
I really need help with this:confused: when i turn the ignition (engine not running) the pump constantley stays on? how should the pump know when to knock itself off, from a signal form the ecu or just from pressure throu the system?
After lots of head scratching i then moved the car until it stopped and now the pumps not working at all:wtf: :cry:

pikey1986
18-04-10, 07:27 AM
fuel pump relay working?

auzzy-b
18-04-10, 01:19 PM
I dont think so? i think ill get a new one to be sure. I dont know what else could be wrong, the fuse is ok etc! but i still cant figure out why the pump was always on before?

Damo
18-04-10, 10:51 PM
My red/blue for the pump came from near teh ecu plug where all the wires are in the top pic auzzy? and no idea what the blue browns been cut for in the second pic id have a look for the other end if you can find it and reconnect it.

auzzy-b
18-04-10, 11:45 PM
Hmmmm?? well ive bought another one now so i could use that or figure out were all the wires should be:)

auzzy-b
18-04-10, 11:54 PM
My red/blue for the pump came from near teh ecu plug where all the wires are in the top pic auzzy? and no idea what the blue browns been cut for in the second pic id have a look for the other end if you can find it and reconnect it.
The thick one? so are you not using the relay?