PDA

View Full Version : Golf Drivers...

Ben (lurk75)
20-03-03, 05:36 PM
Was out with my Girlfriend the other night and some how got chatting to two blokes who love golfs. One owns a VR6 and the other one owns a MK2 GTi 16v.

They both said thats a nice car etc (my MK3 GTi 16v).

Conversation went on etc, then we got to the point when they asked me if i had ever raced anyone in it, i said yes. Then i asked the same in return and the y both laughed i said why? The guy who owns the VR6 said he had been beaten by a mad man in a Nova GSi. I laughed like fook, they said sad isnt it. i told them i own one and love them. We talked about the incident and i asked the guy to describe the car. I am 90% certain it was me in the GSi and i told him a few things about it and he went all funny and walked off and sat down over the other side from us.

lol

?Marty?
20-03-03, 05:40 PM
Wow. Very proud of you mate. Respect. :roll:

wisewood
20-03-03, 05:41 PM
hahahhahahhaha - LMFAO!!!
ROFLMFAO!!

not very often you get to rub their nose in it after your have wasted someone like that... not very often at all :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
20-03-03, 05:43 PM
Wasnt being like that, just the fact that the most embarrising moment of this blokes driving life and he was beaten by a Nova.

It was over 2 years ago anyway just after i had got my GSi.

wisewood
20-03-03, 05:45 PM
yeah but being beaten bya nova is one thing - telling the guy who beat you in that nova all about it and then realising its him who beat you is another level of shame entirely :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
20-03-03, 05:54 PM
lol the other funny thing i forgot about was he had resided himself that it was a Turbo conversion, then i said it was a standard 8v.

As i always say no point in the power if you cant go round bends in it.

CP
20-03-03, 06:13 PM
lol i know one golf driver who wont get beaten by a Nova GSi :wink:

Ben (lurk75)
20-03-03, 06:19 PM
Now you know that aint true, dosent matter what car you got. The chances are that someone with a nova GSi worth less than ?1k will take it further to the edge than a driver of a car worth ?15-20k.

Jim
20-03-03, 06:48 PM
I know who CP's on about Ben, and he will take his golf or any car for that matter to the limit if it means coming first.

Jim

Ben (lurk75)
20-03-03, 06:50 PM
Yeah i know he is on about CP.

So he has never been beaten?

We all have.

Chris LR
20-03-03, 07:46 PM
The only thing to beat me (In my Nova) was an Audi TT

?Marty?
20-03-03, 11:27 PM
It's funny how some people rag the fuck out their engines, just to overtake some old couple not even intent on driving faster than the speedlimit, and claim they've beaten them in a race. :lol:

Driving past somebody at a faster speed, because your engine is bigger/faster and you press the accelerator more, or just because they couldn't even give a shit = racing.

I had an M3 Evo race me off the lights. I was in a 1.2 Nova Merit, and didn't even intend on it. But no, he decided that it was a race, reversed back a few meters behind the line (to give me a fairer chance!? :lol: ) then floored it after the lights changed. Fuck! he beat me! :o He must have been VERY proud of his racing achievement. Please, stop it. You're killing me. :roll: :lol:

Phil_G
20-03-03, 11:43 PM
hi,

like the M3 owner who shot past me after i flew roind a rouundabout in a fury of understeer and bodyroll that is known as a 106 XND

i laffed as he shot past me looking ever so pleased...

Ben (lurk75)
21-03-03, 05:12 PM
No when i refer to racing someone, i mean at 7k revs in every gear, with someone who too is going to as much effort.

You can beat anything if you come rolling to the lights and there stationary. You could say you have beat everything under the sun.

My most embarrising experience was a Citroen AX GT. I was caught asleep. :oops:

?Marty?
21-03-03, 05:21 PM
Yea, i'm just messin mate.

But there is a HUGE (and highly amusing) difference as to what people consider racing.

I mean i've been told by people that 'so and so has said they've raced you in such and such car, and beat you'. When all that happened was i was cruising along at 30mph (since i have 9 points i try not to street race no more, most of the time) when some one nearly wrote their car off trying to overtake me, when i couldn't even care less if they were even there or not. :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
21-03-03, 05:31 PM
lol i know what you mean, i was out driving one day and seen my mate in his cossie, he was cruising about 60, i flew past him and he got caught in some lights. I wound him up for ages saying i beat him and he got pissy as fook. I love people who talk crap saying they beat a porsche in a 1.2 etc etc

rightfulnokia
21-03-03, 05:38 PM
i dont get it either, whast the point in saying you have beaten someone which isnt even racing or even trying to race such as a grannie or a sunday driver

you cant honestly say that your proud of beating a sunday driver - ooh arent u big and clever