PDA

View Full Version : nova on the crab!!

vauxluva
23-11-09, 07:39 PM
:tard: :confused: :cry: as you lot no im doing my nova it doin my head in at the mo,ive replaced the front bearings ,disks,pads,trackrod,ends,tyres,its crabing when im not on the power its knocking aswell any help would be apriciated alot!!!!!

let_nova
23-11-09, 07:40 PM
back axle bent, bushes on rear axle funked?

vauxluva
23-11-09, 07:45 PM
ive gone threw it they are all good had the back axle checket over by somebody at perrys that alone cost 40 bar!! i can feel it threw the stearing and it only knocks when im goin on or off the power on the power its fine?

vauxluva
23-11-09, 07:50 PM
ive gone threw it they are all good had the back axle checket over by somebody at perrys that alone cost 40 bar!! i can feel it threw the stearing and it only knocks when im goin on or off the power on the power its fine? he just told me about tha srapage alowance ,saying how good vxr,s were !!git!!

let_nova
23-11-09, 07:56 PM
tiebar bushes? rotten xmember???

vauxluva
23-11-09, 08:02 PM
crossmeber is fine its been all checket over had alot of welding done by myself had the front end off compleatly bumber wings ect up on axle stands,tie bar bushes?? help me on that one

let_nova
23-11-09, 08:03 PM
the bars that come from bottom of front hub to the xmember.

Plug
23-11-09, 08:05 PM
may sound stupid but have you checked your tracking if you changed all that?

vauxluva
23-11-09, 08:06 PM
anti roll bar ill try that if not im runing out of ideas,thought it might be somthing somone had come across at some point,it wont be my rack at all do you think ??

let_nova
23-11-09, 08:07 PM
take it to an independand garage. not something like arnold clark etc.

vauxluva
23-11-09, 08:08 PM
may sound stupid but have you checked your tracking if you changed all that? ive had it done they couldent get it bang on gave me the old steering wheel is on wrong,it was fine when i bought it im losing my wragg, i normaly love working in my baby

djshaggeh
23-11-09, 08:09 PM
Get it on one of these.

http://www.pro-align.co.uk/

It checks suspenstion geometrys (sp) and if something is bent it will show up. As for ****ed bushes as them to check what they can while its up in the air.

We change £20 for a check, so use that as a base price.

Welsh Dan
23-11-09, 08:10 PM
Take it to someone that can do a proper 4 wheel allignment check, not just a tracking check.

LEWI007
23-11-09, 08:12 PM
I had a problem with my nova knocking, the car is lowered ALOT and on slabs, turned out one of the slabs was catching off the brake caliper somehow... grinded it down a bit and now its alright.

might be worth looking at.

vauxluva
23-11-09, 08:15 PM
ive got astra mk3 15,s sport aloys on ,im only runing standard brakes plus wen im not on the power that is when it crabs sorry fro being a pain in backside!

vauxluva
23-11-09, 08:16 PM
40 mm lowering kit,gmax

let_nova
23-11-09, 08:20 PM
bent shoch/seized shock?

djshaggeh
23-11-09, 08:21 PM
ive had it done they couldent get it bang on gave me the old steering wheel is on wrong,it was fine when i bought it im losing my wragg
Sounds like they haven't done it properly, if at all. You need to take it to a place with 4 wheel lazer alignment. Watch them do it and make sure you get a print out.

vauxluva
23-11-09, 08:26 PM
i have the old shockers but one had popet thats why i got the new shocks and springs ill try one of the old shockers ive got,and the tie bar bushes,god old cars!!,gladive got the help of a few cans my stress levels have fallen all i get off my mates is get rid and get a jap car,just spurs me on even more,cheers cahps i will update over next few days

vauxluva
23-11-09, 08:28 PM
oh any more coments welcome would like to sort it next time im doin her cheers

garyc
23-11-09, 08:31 PM
Loose top mounts, ie the strut nut not done up tight enough or loose?

mowgli
23-11-09, 08:39 PM
the rack could be shot, or a steering joint could be really worn , but if a static tracking check is done, it wouldn't show up

vauxluva
23-11-09, 08:42 PM
missing teeth ect a guy who used to race novas in bangers,non contact said the same i have about 5 scrappys in my area there are two one has all ov that gone other one is bent up from a crash !!

Balley
23-11-09, 08:45 PM
ive gone threw it they are all good had the back axle checket over by somebody at perrys that alone cost 40 bar!! i can feel it threw the stearing and it only knocks when im goin on or off the power on the power its fine?

I had this, i was the tie bar which was loose ! i had it on the lift and everything but you could not tell untill you jacked it up! lol

vauxluva
23-11-09, 08:45 PM
i do drive it very hard on the back lanes

vauxluva
29-11-09, 10:17 AM
ah ha found out the problem sheared anti roll bar bolt never ever heard of anything like that mad as toast!! cheers for the coments

Nobby
29-11-09, 10:27 AM
thank funk for that lol

vauxluva
30-11-09, 09:07 AM
thank funk for that lol you are teling me pal realy head doing although its up for sale soon dont have it in me to rip lump out n bang another in will make ideal first car:d