PDA

View Full Version : Renewal time...insurance ideas.

LoonTim
23-11-09, 06:49 PM
18 on 07/09/09 and passed my test on the 09/07/09. Been insured on my dads insurance as a named driver, (my dad only has a 2 seat work van with a family of 4 and uses my car if say 3/4 are going out, also he is registered owner), with quinn since January 2009. I have not had the renewal letter yet but really want to get on my own policy.

Does anybody have any experiance if it is possible/and who with to use bike no claims as I have 2 years and no longer have a bike?

Anyone heard of a company called 'auto direct' they have given me cheapest quote so far of £900 fully comp.

Gunna go get some quotes for 1litre and might consider selling my 1.2i:eek:

Cheers guys.

Mike
23-11-09, 08:54 PM
A mate of mine uses his 2 years Motorbike No Claims on his work van (insured with Viking Commerical Insurance IIRC) but other then that i dont think many high street firms will do similiar.

TBH mate id try contacting Sky Insurance as a) they do PNG insurance discounts for paid members and b) there cheap as chips for *certain* vehicles. The levels of service ive had from them are also second to none for insurance companies aswell, always a bonus :thumb:

*Not really to cheap for Evos/Cosworths/Imprezas - but i put that down to my age/points/previous claims etc etc

LoonTim
24-11-09, 06:31 PM
Right, I'll look into that. cheers

jaf
25-11-09, 11:03 PM
Hello long time reader - first time poster. :)

Just thought I'd mention that I know a few 'newbie' drivers, and they have always gotten a good deal with KwiK Fit insurance. I think they heavily discount the first year. I would def mention your bike NCD -shows a good driving history :thumb:

Other than that I would ignore the high street companys, and talk to a small indepentdant broker - they need the business more and will try harder to get your money.....:cool:

Always drop into the converstation that you belong to a car club: some insurers give a discount for this alone.
If you leave the car outside at night and its not protected - Another discount can be had by fitting a steering wheel lock (PROlock -£40 @halfwits :thumb:) which is Thatcham approved.

Hth

Not trying to upset you, but I just insured my 1.2 nova with modifications declared -£207 fully comp and agreed value...;) (But then I am OLDer :eek:)

Jan

LoonTim
26-11-09, 12:50 PM
Ok, btw welcome, and thats some good info. Will definatley be getting a steering wheel lock aswell. (My sister used to be insured with elephant and she lived in lancaster and they wouldnt insure her unless she got a steering lock)

jaf
27-11-09, 11:47 PM
Thank you for the welcome,:)
:wtf: Correction its a stoplock pro you should search for.

I need to do some more chatting before im able to post a link to show you which one I meant lol

hth jaf

LoonTim
28-11-09, 11:55 AM
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-6452.aspx

This one jaf?

As for the posts, get chatting, most of the lads on here are sound:thumb:

stevie-p
28-11-09, 12:38 PM
i used my no claims on car insurance carried over from a cbt

LoonTim
28-11-09, 12:58 PM
who are/were you with mate?

jaf
14-03-10, 05:34 PM
httpX://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-6452.aspx
This one jaf?

:thumb: As for the posts, get chatting, most of the lads on here are sound
Yes that's the one - sometimes pop up on ebay also.

soz for late reply: hope you got your insurance sussed by now?

duck-sri
14-03-10, 05:59 PM
adrian flux ftw, 2.0 16v nova van, all mods declared, £540 all in, i do have 3 years no claims and im 22!!

even when i was 18 i had a quote on a nova with a valver that was all declared and they wanted £950 back then, which is pretty fair i thought!!

General Baxter
14-03-10, 06:03 PM
adrian flux ftw, 2.0 16v nova van, all mods declared, £540 all in, i do have 3 years no claims and im 22!!

what ever you do, DONT clame lol