PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Switch on my 1.3

de-slotted
22-11-09, 04:34 PM
Hi all i want to fit an oil pressure switch on my 1.3L salooooon.The car is an F plate Mk1.I just bought some SR Clocks so i want everything working.Can anyone Help:d

vaughanmc
22-11-09, 04:35 PM
You might need to change your oil pressure switch to one from an SR with the 2 pins on it so the gauge on your clocks work...

de-slotted
22-11-09, 04:40 PM
The car does not have oil pressure switch as its a 1.3L the original clocks only have speedo fuel & temp.So does the oil pressure switch fit on the block?

AlexW
22-11-09, 04:40 PM
Your get the above from a GTE/GSI or a SR with the correct clocks. Barrel shape thing.

brainsnova
22-11-09, 05:51 PM
its on the back bottom corner of the engine nearest the drivers door

de-slotted
22-11-09, 05:53 PM
Many thanx for that.I'll check it out tomorrow

Spudly
22-11-09, 05:59 PM
its on the back bottom corner of the engine nearest the drivers door

If you remove the drivers wheel you will see the switch it will have a single wire from it and be located in the bottom of the block at the back, with the drivers wheel off you will see it behind the alternator belt, you will need as mentioned a two wire sender from an early SR, or any GTE/GSi and swap it over, you will also need the correct clocks with battery/oil pressure guages and there is an extra wire needed to be run from the second terminal to the back of the clocks!

brainsnova
22-11-09, 05:59 PM
if you take it off be quick to swap it for the different one as oil will pour out and maybe jacking the driverside high migh help slow the flow of oil.

de-slotted
22-11-09, 06:25 PM
if you take it off be quick to swap it for the different one as oil will pour out and maybe jacking the driverside high migh help slow the flow of oil. thanx for the info i'll check it tomorrow as i got a set of MK1 Clocks with the sensor & wiring:thumb:

Jon_nova1
22-11-09, 10:45 PM
put something underneath it, no matter how fast you are, you'll always spill oil lol

brainsnova
22-11-09, 10:46 PM
put something underneath it, no matter how fast you are, you'll always spill oil lol

lol i was quick enough and before you say there was plenty oil in it.