View Full Version : jamex coilovers.......

Dirtydog1
22-11-09, 12:33 AM
just wondering if anyone has bought a set of the jamex coilovers that are on ebay, they look ok for the money.

not sure if they will be any good for a big block cars either?

Mk1'SR'Dan
22-11-09, 08:43 AM
ive seen them in Total vauxhall, look good for about 280 quid, theyre ride height and dampening adjustable so id imagine they'll be alright on the big block cars, although id take it easy over hump back bridges cos they'll bottom right out! ive got jamex shocks and lowered springs and i think my shocks are sha*ged, i could do with some coilovers and wouldnt mind hearing back if theyre any good or not!

Rysee
22-11-09, 09:22 AM
theres some 2nd hand spax rsx in the classifieds. I'd rather go 2nd hand on them then buy cheap coilovers. I have rsx and they're pretty good

Mike
22-11-09, 09:31 AM
I dunno, a friend of mine had some on his Civic an there fapping ace. thing handled at dream TBH.

danbarrett7
22-11-09, 05:36 PM
I dunno, a friend of mine had some on his Civic an there fapping ace. thing handled at dream TBH.go with the spax or something else i got jamex on mine and you will have to really muck about with the hubs to get them something like angled because even with standard gsi alloys they catch the tyres on the front springs and mine were suposed to be ajustable damp and are they hell!!! the rear springs are a bit of a dodgy fit too hope this helps

Dirtydog1
22-11-09, 07:04 PM
the ones i saw on ebay are only £185, cheap as chips!

de-slotted
22-11-09, 08:26 PM
My sons nova has janspeed coil overs & its like being on rails

Plug
22-11-09, 08:31 PM
Tbh if i was you i would save up and wait til you can afford some gaz, koni, spax coilovers.

Cause that 185pounds would be wasted if they where sh1te

Rysee
22-11-09, 08:48 PM
Theres some spax for 250 in the classifieds, get them bought if they're as good as they look

Mike
22-11-09, 08:51 PM
I dunno TBH, my mates Civic handled fecking ace, an that was running a Teg engine in a 1500cc shell :S

One engine conversion i wish not to do again though....

Dirtydog1
22-11-09, 09:12 PM
at the end of the day im not going to be racing this thing around a track, its got a 6 lump in the front so im not expecting it to handle at all lol, just after something thatl cope with the weight and be better than standard gear. i dont like spending a fortune on stuff as il be bored of it in a week lol.

thanks for the info, if i get them il let you guys know what i think!