PDA

View Full Version : removing doors

Wiggie
20-03-03, 11:31 AM
Can anyone explain how to nock out the pins to get the doors off?

Chers Wigz

whitey
20-03-03, 12:28 PM
BUY a bible!

mikeoxford
20-03-03, 12:36 PM
BUY a bible!

Haynes Workshop Manual also works :wink: :D

whitey
20-03-03, 12:41 PM
Look at the post in styling otherwise!

whitey
20-03-03, 12:42 PM
Mikes message above PROVES why he is the POST MONKEY!

mikeoxford
20-03-03, 12:51 PM
Mikes message above PROVES why he is the POST MONKEY!

just like your message quoted above, completely pointless :x :lol:

whereas MY message, was helpful as if its a new member, theyll try and get the new testament out :evil:

at least they know you were reffering to the haynes in my message

if u wanna abuse me, try a PM rather than cluttering up the forums yourself

novarally9999
20-03-03, 01:09 PM
Use a centre punch to drive out the two pins at top and bottom.

Remove the strap in the middle

Lift off door

ade
20-03-03, 06:17 PM
hinge pin tool (halfords ?20) - cave yourself the aggrevation and eventual dispaire when the centre punch gets stuck or you chip the paint off your doors!

Easy to use

Wiggie
20-03-03, 08:12 PM
ok ill let you two bwoys scwable amung yours selves then (joke), lol i should be picking up a magic book tomoz, how ever i must say thanx to ade and novarally who actuly answerd my question.

heheh i'v alread taken a meaty chunck of paint off trying to knock the pins out with a screw driver...dou! ahh well i should be chucking some new doors on soon...if any one will sell em to me at a sensible price and near bristol.

does anyone know any websites that will help me for now??

chers lads (ladets if your reading?)

Wiggie

Chris LR
20-03-03, 08:22 PM
I'd just like to point out that it can be done without the tool, but it will take forever and the door will need spraying afterwards :lol:

But some new pins too, under a ?1, well worth it

stugsi
20-03-03, 08:32 PM
if i would have been on when it was posted i would have helped you had to buy a kit its a tenner i think one piece is a metal bar with a slot in the end and a rubber grip in the middle and you get a set of pins with screw on heads just the right size for the door

the top one is a straight forward one put the pin in its longer than the door hinge place the solt between the pin and knock down job done.

the bottom is harder as you have to knock the pin up. but if i guess you knocked it down and took half the paint and door with you

sorry i couldn't get to you on time mate

Wiggie
20-03-03, 09:11 PM
lol, nah i was having a hack at the top one, ....well that what hapens when you let your mates "have a go" i spoze i could see what i could nick from work.....i wanna punch the boss anyway!

if i cant, where would i buy a kit from?