PDA

View Full Version : Wireing in GSI clocks to a merit

cossienova
21-11-09, 06:46 PM
Can anyone tell me whats involved in wireing in gsi clocks into my 1.2 merit? just searced the haynes manual and its crap! Any diagrams or colour codes would be a great help.Thanks in advane.

NovaBoi92
21-11-09, 06:49 PM
you need an oil pressure sender for the guage to work, and if its a carb nova then you will need to run a wire from the coil to the clocks iirc for the revs to work, not sure which wires though but someone will know

AlexW
21-11-09, 06:50 PM
as long as its a mk2 the plug will go straight on and then worry about the oil presure sender and rev gauge wiring.

cossienova
21-11-09, 07:38 PM
Ok thanks.it is a mk2.Not bothered about the oil gauge at the moment,il sort that when i fit the xe>anyone know whats the easiest way to wire the rev counter in? and if i just fit the plug in will everything else work.i.e indicators etc?

Rich
21-11-09, 07:47 PM
what year is the merit mate? My old 1.2i had the wire taped up behind the old dials, just untape it and connect it up

cossienova
21-11-09, 07:52 PM
Its a j plate,but carbed not injection.I havnt had the clocks out yet to have a nose.Hope thats the case! I just run a wire from the coil on my capri but am unsure where to connect this in to the loom before the plug as i dont have the wireing diagrams.

NovaBoi92
21-11-09, 07:54 PM
its spi so the rev guage will work without you wiring anything in

brainsnova
21-11-09, 08:05 PM
best to just plug it in then see whats needed.

cossienova
22-11-09, 12:30 AM
Il plug it in then see what happens.It aint single point injection mind.Its a pieburg carb with manual choke! unfortunatly.

mowgli
22-11-09, 11:11 AM
so if it is a mk1, then it has the square dash, a gsi has a round dash cos it is a mk2.... a mk1 gte dash with the 6 dials is a straight fit, with the addition of a 2 way oil sender & the green wire for the rev counter.

cossienova
22-11-09, 05:49 PM
Its a j plate mk2 with manual choke carb.
Fitted the clocks today and they worked fine,just had to run a wire from the coil for the rev counter as there was no wire taped up behind the dash.Even the voltage gauge works,just got to wire in the oil pressure gauge now.Is this just a case of running a wire from the oil pressure switch to the back of the gauge?

mowgli
22-11-09, 06:22 PM
Its a j plate mk2 with manual choke carb.
Fitted the clocks today and they worked fine,just had to run a wire from the coil for the rev counter as there was no wire taped up behind the dash.Even the voltage gauge works,just got to wire in the oil pressure gauge now.Is this just a case of running a wire from the oil pressure switch to the back of the gauge?

yes, it is

cossienova
22-11-09, 06:42 PM
cool thanks,job for tomorrow then,plus get the speedo working again as it worked for 5mins then stopped!