PDA

View Full Version : need help!! what axle????

hardcore nova's
21-11-09, 01:03 AM
hi, sorry if i sound like i dont new much lol, am a mecanic have been some years now and ive just got a nova 1.3 gte and ive got a 2.2 16v trubo to go in it, witch ive speent loads on!!! and was very fast in my old shape corsa(Y) and now wantin it in the nova!!! but i dont know what axle i should use? and brake line's? as i dont know much bout nova's? can you help me on this one? cheeer sam :thumb:

AlexW
21-11-09, 01:28 AM
Well for a start you wont get a 1.3 nova GTE.

and if you had a corsa you would know about "what axle?"

Search.

hardcore nova's
21-11-09, 01:42 AM
Well for a start you wont get a 1.3 nova GTE.

and if you had a corsa you would know about "what axle?"

Search.

sorry i ment merit i got the gte body kit,

and yeah i do but i want to know what you lot say is the best?

mowgli
21-11-09, 08:47 AM
why do you need to change an axle or brake lines?????????? you fit the engine in the front & then spend weeks trying to work out how to wire it so it works.

let_nova
21-11-09, 08:47 AM
lol back axle stays the same, as for shaft you could go with the GTE 22 spline shafts with conversion inner cvs. brakes , cavalier,astra or calibra 16v brakes would be fine but you could always go with the turbo brakes if you have them, you will need to get the discs drilled though to fit the 4 stud. exhaust, you will need to match up a bigger bore system to the turbo downpipe, it is also advised to get the engine bay seam welded before the engine change, you will also need a nova 16 engine mount kit, high pressure fuel pump,possibly antiroll bar lowering blocks, decent suspension etc

BTW what 2.2 turbo??

hardcore nova's
21-11-09, 09:56 AM
yeah well i got most off it i just dont like the sound off a 2.2 with a drum barke if you get me lol and its out of a vauxhall vetra mate 2.0 redtop, been skimed cupell off ml had lighten fly wheel crank balencted valve's done etc had a fair bit done to it quit fast btw its a beast i was thinkin if this egnine gose it okay im gonna go for the 2.5 v6 vetra engine maybe trubo that :P thanks for help(Y)

oh and do you think i could jusy use the rear axle masterslider ans line's ans **** off the vetra the engine came from? witch is just been sat in my garden ..... HINT HINT lool cheers

hardcore nova's
21-11-09, 10:01 AM
why do you need to change an axle or brake lines?????????? you fit the engine in the front & then spend weeks trying to work out how to wire it so it works.

cuz i want to stop!! if its any think like the corsa was i'll want disce on the rear lool, and yeah i know mate engine's in it just findin places to put the intercooler and **** thinkin off on top the head? with a nice lil bonit scop?? :thumb:

hardcore nova's
21-11-09, 10:01 AM

cuz i want to stop!! if its any think like the corsa was i'll want disce on the rear lool, and yeah i know mate engine's in it just findin places to put the intercooler and **** thinkin off on top the head? with a nice lil bonit scop?? :thumb:

Mk1'SR'Dan
21-11-09, 10:14 AM
dont vectra discs go straight onto a corsa/nova beam axle? you'll probably have to get 5 stud wheels hubs etc...

Welsh Dan
21-11-09, 10:15 AM
I'm desperately trying to translate what you type into English, and I think I've managed some of it. Even some of the top spec nova track cars and C20LET powered novas have drums on the back. The more you brake, the less weight is applied to the rear wheels, so the less braking you need at the rear.

Mk1'SR'Dan
21-11-09, 10:17 AM
surely you had all the running gear on the corsa? why not just swap the whole lot over?

let_nova
21-11-09, 10:19 AM
.http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt118/TomSLinson/english_499x434.jpg

let_nova
21-11-09, 10:20 AM

hardcore nova's
21-11-09, 10:22 AM
surely you had all the running gear on the corsa? why not just swap the whole lot over?

because i sold the corsa as a track car with out an engine to get the money to buy this nova, and i dont see why you post a cament that aint gonna help me in the slitest yeah so fukin what i got dislexia yeah big wop!! just wanted to ask you lot what you think was best now i know been pm the perfeect thing so cheers guy!:thumb:

let_nova
21-11-09, 10:24 AM
see that posts much clearer.

hardcore nova's
21-11-09, 10:26 AM
see that posts much clearer.

fuk off D.I.C.K!:thumb:

let_nova
21-11-09, 10:27 AM
lol there was me trying to help you on the first page aswell.

have your first red blob

brainsnova
i cant see you lasting long lol

alan b
maybe get a gsi/gte rear antiroll bar. other than that you could fit a cav sri back antiroll bar, im doing that far beter design! oh and discs on the back of a nova arent nessecery atall. i have them and are a pain. need to fit a bias valve to get pressure down, the rear usually lock up before the front!

hardcore nova's
21-11-09, 10:31 AM
i cant see you lasting long lol

and sooo what? i know what i need to know so now i can **** off in abit you sad ****'s this all you lot do? sit on this FUKIN S.H.I.T forum hahaha bye bye

let_nova
21-11-09, 10:32 AM
ooo its that **** you just found out what you needed to know? not that **** then thicko.

learn to spell retard

hardcore nova's
21-11-09, 10:34 AM
ooo its that **** you just found out what you needed to know? not that **** then thicko.

learn to spell retard

just proved a point mate :thumb:

let_nova
21-11-09, 10:37 AM
chill lol

Jon_nova1
21-11-09, 10:48 AM
keep the rear drums, if you get discs you'll need brake bias to stop the rear locking up

3 pages and you have an answer lol

bmw156
21-11-09, 10:58 AM
you could convert your back axle to disks using astra mk2 stuff. or cally stuff.

they come up for sale sometimes for about a ton

mowgli
21-11-09, 11:01 AM
rear discs off a cav etc are pretty much just for show. they are too powerful & just cause overbraking on the rear. a well adjusted standard nova drum setup & some really good front ones will be a really good brake setup.

sticking a 2.2 turbo into a nova is going to throw up way more problems than just the brakes. shell mods, plumbing, wiring, etc.