PDA

View Full Version : chris astley motorsport

stupot89
20-11-09, 11:26 PM
just to let you guys and girls know that chris astley motorsport has moved to cornwall, this is why there may have been a delay on peoples parts. the new address is

Business Address:
Chris Astley Motorsport

Penlea
Moorland Road
Indian Queens
St. Columb
Cornwall
TR9 6HJ
UK

mowgli
20-11-09, 11:30 PM
i have never met the man or had any dealings whatsoever with him, but I wish him all the best in his move. But Why do I see the words delay or late whenever I see his name mentioned.

I was in the parts business for a good 10 years & it was actually really easy to stock parts or order them in for despatch, as it appears that most of his stuff is from other people....

crash_ndie
20-11-09, 11:40 PM
i've used chris in the past does good work but he duz run behind schedule got to hand it to him dun a mint job on my engine !

auzzy-b
20-11-09, 11:47 PM
Or bummer! i used to like the fact they were only 20miles away from me..
I recently emailed him for a price on a c20xe ancillary hose kit (with the png discount) but never heard back? has any one else had a quote/bought some at discount price??

Plug
21-11-09, 12:20 AM
bought plating kit with discount

Benn
21-11-09, 12:29 AM
You best of ringing him for prices. I've had a prob but he's sorting it out at the mo.

Sloth
21-11-09, 12:45 AM
The guy spent 3 hrs talkin me through astra gte looms, after 5pm. And i have always had prompt service.

michael squeak
21-11-09, 03:27 AM
same here had good dealings with him.. next day delivery every time and as soon as i mention png he usually says ''oh ill knock £10 0ff this or free that :)

DAFTJOHN
21-11-09, 04:01 AM
Ordered a plating kit, came well packaged in two days! As I understand he has low overheads and ergo he moves house he does not have time to deliver... I'd prefer this delay to higher costs.

Rickardo
21-11-09, 08:38 AM
I ordered some hose's off him over 5 weeks ago. Still no sign of them. Will not use him again thats for sure.

Benn
21-11-09, 09:47 AM
I ordered some hose's off him over 5 weeks ago. Still no sign of them. Will not use him again thats for sure.

Have you rung him? This is what my ongoing prob is at the mo. From what i'm told its down to Roose who make them. There's only 4guys at Roose and 2 of them are off sick.. My hose's took a month to come and where wrong, now waiting on the right ones.

Pistol Pete
21-11-09, 11:11 AM
i have never met the man or had any dealings whatsoever with him, but I wish him all the best in his move. But Why do I see the words delay or late whenever I see his name mentioned.

I was in the parts business for a good 10 years & it was actually really easy to stock parts or order them in for despatch, as it appears that most of his stuff is from other people....

As with most things like this...you only hear when people have a bad experience. It does make me laguh when you see posts like " i emailed him but no reply"...FFS pick up the phone!! You want your bits that you paid for ring him. Talking FTW, emails that might not get picked up for days FTMFL.

I shall be ordering some hoses to finish my engine soon.

Plug
21-11-09, 11:17 AM
yea i will be ordering hoses in the near future

ben doodar
21-11-09, 11:48 AM
i ordered f28 front mount plating kit and rear gearbox spacer from him, spoke to him on the phone, i dont see the point in emailing people whenn you can just pick up the phone and actualy speak to them.
he did me a fair deal with my png discount n semmed to be a sound guy the stuff came the next day.
will order from him again.

Nova_Tek
21-11-09, 12:17 PM
I wil be ordering quite a few converison bits n pieces from him in the new year to start off my LET project, so hoepfully he'd have settled into his new place. Need to contact him for discounts though.

I have heard lots of good things about Chris, his work and his site so hopefully the recent delays are somewhat short lived.

Rickardo
21-11-09, 01:48 PM
Have you rung him? This is what my ongoing prob is at the mo. From what i'm told its down to Roose who make them. There's only 4guys at Roose and 2 of them are off sick.. My hose's took a month to come and where wrong, now waiting on the right ones.

Benn, i rang over 2 weeks ago. All they said were they are made to order. So i gave them the benefit of the doubt..

5 weeks is taking the pi$$. If they said it would be that long i'd of got them elsewhere.

mowgli
21-11-09, 04:00 PM
roose online shop (http://www.roosemotorsport.co.uk/index.php?cPath=20_27_29&osCsid=6n8a200j3aengopggadjvmvct5)

brucer
21-11-09, 04:27 PM
Benn, i rang over 2 weeks ago. All they said were they are made to order. So i gave them the benefit of the doubt..

5 weeks is taking the pi$$. If they said it would be that long i'd of got them elsewhere.

a few years ago i ordered a set of samco red hoses for my old sr (not from chris, cant remember who) but they took 8 weeks to be made and arrive! in the meantime i rolled tha car and had no need for the hoses when they eventually came.lol

Rickardo
27-11-09, 05:56 PM
Payed for the goods on the 26th of October.

They came today.

27th November, that is what you call, rubbish service. :eek:

Graeme
27-11-09, 06:04 PM
Does anyone else stock equal length shafts in the UK?

Benn
27-11-09, 06:56 PM
Payed for the goods on the 26th of October.

They came today.

27th November, that is what you call, rubbish service. :eek:

Pfft my 3 silicone hoses are now at 2months...

ben doodar
28-11-09, 01:19 PM
Does anyone else stock equal length shafts in the UK?

is it actually possible to order an equal legnth shaft off the shelf for a nova?

Rich
28-11-09, 02:43 PM
Yeah from chris astley, only the outer shaft, the middle bit that fixes to the block you use from the cav/calibra

Dan
28-11-09, 03:49 PM
closed