PDA

View Full Version : fars charles?

Dave_Hay
19-03-03, 08:39 PM
best mods for 1.4 16v
hello, i got a 1.4 16v corsa and was wondering what mods to do if i decide not to sell it.

full exhaust system? cat back worth getting??

mappable chip? (quoted ?350)

"power" box?? pros and cons of them?? they increase power and not torque much??

anything else? what cams you recommend?

ive been told not to fit larger engine by some mechanics and im starting to agree with them. at 19 and a student i need a reliable car that doesnt have that high running costs. then again i may just get a diff car at 20 :roll:

cheers for any advice/info

tbs r too expensive! or are they? plus are they worth it on small blcok engine without extensive internal mods??

CP
19-03-03, 09:05 PM
For a small engine the 1.4 16v is a very good engine. Its modern, has a bomb proof bottom end and a well designed head. It has large tuning potential. It and the 1.6 are widley used in motorsport.

As regds tuning it the first point is if you aint got the money dont bother. You are gonna have to spend at least 1 -2 big ones

The main thing it needs is improved induction and if poss a mappable ECU so you can tune for power on a dyno.

Personally I would head straight to Velos and get their tuned induction box whacked on plus DTA or similar. Good VFM and a really worthwhile gain with virtually no other changes necessary. The details are on their site. I've seen their conversion its cool

Dave_Hay
19-03-03, 09:12 PM
local tuning place told me to play around with mods and get there mappable unichip to set it up after any mod on there rollers.

i was thinking powerbox/chip then internals, bad way to go??

zorst and induction kit will be fitted soon

ill have a look at velos site :)

ill also be reducing weight from car (starting from me on a diet)

modding will be ongoing process as student loan only comes in after a few months :lol:

is 130-150 bhp possible from a 1.4, thats keeping reliability and every day usage.

i got loads of questions :)

Ben (lurk75)
19-03-03, 10:20 PM
is 130-150 bhp possible from a 1.4, thats keeping reliability and every day usage.

That is quite easily possible, you can get virtually that amount with just the powerbox, chip and exhaust.
Also none of these will effect the reliability.