PDA

View Full Version : Hello, be kind to the new boy

Logical Improvement
18-11-09, 10:00 PM
I've come on here in order to find a 1.0 2 door which I intend to 'sympathetically' restore in secret in order to give my son on his 17th Birthday. I can do this all in secret because I'm working away 100 miles from home and have feck all to do in the evenings and my Landlord has a 3 car garage, which has never seen any car inside it. (Strange people !!)

Best tell you some of my own car history. Wifey has a 1.8 Carbed Cav in blue with blue interior with 98K on the clock, and she has a 1.6 MX5 in our garage with erm 100K on the clock. I'm currently thrashing a mk3 1.6 8v 75 bhp astra around. Cav has a set of mk2 astra gte 14 inch alloys, the astra has a set of calibra 15 inch 5 spoke alloys and the shed has 4 cav mk2 lxi (nova gsi?) alloys holding the roof down. I've owned 2 other astra's (both I wrote off lol ) and 4 mk2 cavaliers including a FREE Cdi auto, a Calibre and an early SRi. To say I have a few regrets would be an understatement. The closest I've been to buying a nova was in 1992 when I bought a metro turbo:eek: instead.

Plan for any nova would be use of the astra gte wheels and fitting of Cav mk3 sri front brakes, and that is it. (assuming that is alright with insurance company)

Happy days.

Currently working on Warrior Tank Rebuilds. Pretty much just a very organised restoration project involving 100's of craftsmen.

Benn
18-11-09, 10:03 PM
Sup, welcome.

Nobby
18-11-09, 10:05 PM
welcome along matey i wish my dad did that for me lol PNG is full of knwoledgeable people if you need help but most are GHEY!!

Lynsey
18-11-09, 10:07 PM
Hi :) welcome to the site. I hope you find it helpful, there are loads of people with spares etc and if you need any help along the way, you only need to ask :thumb:

Gee whizz, I wish I had a Da' who'd do something that cool B)

brainsnova
18-11-09, 10:08 PM
welcome :thumb:

Spudly
18-11-09, 10:10 PM
Good evening and welcome, some impressive history of ownership in there and you have knowledge of punctuation and spelling, instant win on here lol

You will find there is a lot of banter on here but take everything with a pinch of salt and give as good as you get back (to a degree) there is plenty of knowhow on here so id imagine you will be spending your time in the tech and projects sections which are all well worth a read.

Good luck with your project and i hope you keep us updated as it progresses:thumb:

Bobminda
18-11-09, 10:12 PM
Hi,

Good morning, good evening and if I dont see ya good night !

Seriouly though, just a hint to get on on here dont take some peoples comments to heart most are harmless enough

Good luck with your project

Mike
Welcome dude :)

^ what he says, dont take peoples comments to hearts, theres loads of reet cunts out there on the internerd so i hear lol

Adam
Hi, and welcome :)

Southie
18-11-09, 10:13 PM
Welcome to png :) Have a look in the for sale section there might be something that takes your fancy. By the sounds of it your a glutten for punishment with Vauxhalls but at least you'll be able to fix a nova for your lad.

All the best.

Nova_Tek
18-11-09, 10:20 PM
Wa Gwaan i.e hello lol

Welcome to PNG, your user name certainly stands out :)

An interesting choice of car for your son, be sure to have a look at Razorjack's 2door saloon think it may inspire you. Sounds like you've got a fair few things planned for the Nova, glad to hear that you are upgrading the brakes to something decent. Will look forward to seeing the final results of your restoration.

:thumb:

Bubba
18-11-09, 10:20 PM
heloo there...whats wrong with 5drs :( never with 5drs with people :)

wwmnw
18-11-09, 10:21 PM
I'll kill you for your shoe laces, don't look at me, don't ever look at me.

Logical Improvement
18-11-09, 10:27 PM
Good evening and welcome, some impressive history of ownership in there and you have knowledge of punctuation and spelling, instant win on here lol

You will find there is a lot of banter on here but take everything with a pinch of salt and give as good as you get back (to a degree) there is plenty of knowhow on here so id imagine you will be spending your time in the tech and projects sections which are all well worth a read.

Good luck with your project and i hope you keep us updated as it progresses:thumb:

Yes my kids find my text messages, quite amusing, and long. In fact I've just sent my wife a goodnight love message and I was forced to go back and edit it for I could fit in the XXX at the end. It's my age and education.

Banter I can cope with, I've been a work study engineer in my time, so have had years of general abuse. Now I'm working on 'lean' projects as a contractor, and have developed a thick skin. I try not to give it back as quite frankly I'd rather take the piss out of myself.

I've taken to giving my telephone number to old ladies in netto car park.

Last week I stopped an old dear and we had a conversation about her G reg dark blue 1.2 3 dooor merit with 26k on the clock. Gave her my number and told her that if she ever wanted to sell it I was her man. That was Aldi's carpark.

Nobby
18-11-09, 10:29 PM
Last week I stopped an old dear and we had a conversation about her G reg dark blue 1.2 3 dooor merit with 26k on the clock. Gave her my number and told her that if she ever wanted to sell it I was her man. That was Aldi's carpark.

sounds like you have got the nova bug :(

Logical Improvement
18-11-09, 10:30 PM
heloo there...whats wrong with 5drs :( never with 5drs with people :)

I honesty think it looks like an after thought. And more weight.

Nova_Tek
18-11-09, 10:30 PM
I've taken to giving my telephone number to old ladies in netto car park.

Brilliant, already networking with Nova owners to get first dibs on mint examples :thumb:

wwmnw
18-11-09, 10:31 PM

I LOVE you.

Fester
18-11-09, 10:43 PM
:wisewood:

Bubba
18-11-09, 10:47 PM

:eek:

Spudly
19-11-09, 12:32 AM
Yes my kids find my text messages, quite amusing, and long. In fact I've just sent my wife a goodnight love message and I was forced to go back and edit it for I could fit in the XXX at the end. It's my age and education.

Im exactly the same i will spell the word in its entirety rather than abbreviate it as in my brain it takes longer to work out how to shorten a word, do it and then deceipher it as the receipient lol

I LOVE you.

Ignore him, he says this to everyone lol

nova_saloon
19-11-09, 12:42 AM
howdy, everyone on here will be happy to help so dont be afraid to ask.

Hobbit
19-11-09, 04:34 AM
Welcome along :thumb:

Balley
19-11-09, 06:48 AM
I bet you wish you still had a couple of them MK2s LOL

welcome matey!

Logical Improvement
19-11-09, 07:03 AM
lol
I bet you wish you still had a couple of them MK2s LOL

welcome matey!

I wish I had ALL of the mk2 cavaliers :cry:

The first I got on Boxing Day 1993 off my Father in Law with 27K on the clock for £2K. It was a 1.6GL. We took my son home from hospital in it about 6 months later. Hence why his first car needs to be Vauxhall !!!lol

I sold it after 6 years when it got to 110K and instantly regretted it. (I replaced it with an AX1.4D so you can see why)
The CDi Auto cost me a bottle of scotch but had 6months Mot and 2 months tax. I ran it only 7 months when I bought the Sri for £40. Fixed the head gasket and dent, and ran it for 3 years before buying the Calibre, which was pretty but a real dog. When I spread the internals of the 2nd engine across the Runcorn Bridge I flogged it to a mate in the mk2cav owners club, I then ran the SRi for another year and the head gasket went again and I was made a really good offer (which I regret) by another guy in the club (who never bother to fix it in 2 years like he promised:cry: ) and bought the **** ridden astra. Which I despise.

One thing is : If I can get my son the nova, my wife can give me the mk3 cav, and she can use the nova when she needs 3-5 seats. Hence I'll most likely start asking questions about retrofitting astra PAS to it, as she's a tiny woman with little arms. The MX5 doesn't have PAS and she stuggles to reverse into the garage. lol

--ToM--
19-11-09, 10:35 AM
hi mate where abouts in merseyside are you?

Jack
19-11-09, 10:41 AM
Welcome to PNG :)

Rysee
19-11-09, 10:45 AM
Which bit of our beautiful county do you live?

Here's my 1ltr baby, lived in Shrewsbury 20 odd years of its life
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/02112009056.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/02112009057.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/31102009025.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/31102009028.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/31102009027.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/14637_307362665482_690095482_937935.jpg

Jon_nova1
19-11-09, 12:08 PM
Welcome!

you want a 1.2, they're easier to work with

and i assume i can blame you for one of the many times i was late for work due to traffic jams on runcorn bridge? lol

Stuart
19-11-09, 02:13 PM
reactive armour on the nova? ;) go on you know you want to lol

L14MNP
19-11-09, 02:20 PM
Howdy pops! :)

Connor
19-11-09, 02:42 PM
I hope your son is grateful for having such an ace dad!!

Welcome to PNG

Pete
19-11-09, 03:11 PM
Wish i had that done for me :(
welcome anyway :)
hope you have a good time at PNG

Riggy
19-11-09, 04:49 PM
Welcome to PNG ,as said a few time already the site is full of usefull information , and most of the users are sound - a bit mad but sound lol

Logical Improvement
19-11-09, 09:45 PM
hi mate where abouts in merseyside are you?

Formby. Not far from Tesco's and about 1/2 a mile from East Lancashire border. Lived there from 1978 to 1985 and from 1998 to Present and no real intention of moving.

Which bit of our beautiful county do you live?

I'm contracting at the MOD in Telford and renting a granny flat 4 days a week in Shrewsbury off a Lady I went to school with (and her husband and 3 kids). The Flat looks down on the river, which seems to have come up half the garden today.

Here's my 1ltr baby, lived in Shrewsbury 20 odd years of its life

That's pretty much what we are looking for. :d :)

Logical Improvement
19-11-09, 09:51 PM
Welcome!

you want a 1.2, they're easier to work with

and i assume i can blame you for one of the many times i was late for work due to traffic jams on runcorn bridge? lol

7 years travelling to the Whitehouse Industrial Estate in Runcorn from Formby. 33 miles via switch Island and the Runcorn Bridge. The longest was 3 hours (quite a few people died on the M57 about 4 minutes before I joined it and I sat there for 2 hours - can't complain) and the shortest was 25 mins at 5 am and achieved with 6500 RPM on the CDi auto's 1.8e 8V in top :eek: lol

Jon_nova1
19-11-09, 10:04 PM
lol not bad going, i was referring to your engine laying itself all over the bridge though lol

I used to work on astmoor, its like a slum compared to the whitehouse estate...i guess the name says it all lol

Logical Improvement
19-11-09, 10:12 PM
lol not bad going, i was referring to your engine laying itself all over the bridge though lol

I used to work on astmoor, its like a slum compared to the whitehouse estate...i guess the name says it all lol

Runcorn, is there a nice part ? lol

Jon_nova1
19-11-09, 10:14 PM
erm...depends if you compare it to sunny warrington lol

I guess we don't get pollution factories, but thats about where it ends lol

Rysee
19-11-09, 11:09 PM
i've just relised with the mk2 cavs and email address where our paths have crossed before

hope you find the right motor and i know it'll be well looked after

twistysnovagte
20-11-09, 08:55 PM
hi there,not to far from you myself,if you visit Ainsadale/formby beach summer time,youll have to pop over for some burger's ribs chicken etc hehe
welcome to the site fella

Andy

nova-taken
27-11-09, 04:48 AM
Wish my dad was that cool!!

Since i took my first nova home, all ive had is grief since!!

Dad: you need a real car!!
Me: i have a nova, your driving a skoda!?! lol

Welcome to PNG!!