PDA

View Full Version : Poppers...

MattBrown
18-11-09, 11:32 AM
Not what your all thinking lol

Ive been offered 2 doors, totally smoothed over, can anyone point me at some poppers that work off a fob?

As I think that would be very gucci:thumb:

AlexW
18-11-09, 11:34 AM
Door poppers.... funny that. Ebay or search online.

Then just wire them up to a decent alarm with a fob. simples

Jon_nova1
18-11-09, 11:34 AM
to open the door? selonoids is what you need, wire it up like central locking, but make sure both doors don't open at the same time, you may just want a button under your wing mirror instead?

AlexW
18-11-09, 11:38 AM
Meh im tired, ignore me lol

Your be better off with a button, and hope that your battery dont go flat.

I found that a lot of things wernt strong enough and gave up.

MattBrown
18-11-09, 11:50 AM
Right, I wont need an alarm, as you can get into it?

Also it wont need to lock will it?

As you cant open it lol

So, door, solenoids?

Welsh Dan
18-11-09, 12:11 PM
Buy a cheap central locking kit from LMF and wire it up to just the drivers door. Also, fit some electrical terminals somewhere thats easy to get to if you can't get into the car, so you can hook up a battery to activate the popper, open the door then open the bonnet, just incase your battery goes flat.

brainsnova
18-11-09, 01:04 PM
if you leave the boot lock you can always climb in that way if all else fails but most decent alarms have a 2 stage unlock programable setting. so you unlock with the fob and the drivers door opens then if you press another button within 3 secs the passenger opens. you could always add an additional switch for when your inside the car and want to let a passenger in. its all earth signals used.

AlexW
18-11-09, 03:52 PM
Right, I wont need an alarm, as you can get into it?

Also it wont need to lock will it?

As you cant open it lol

So, door, solenoids?

Smash a window, or do the normal breaking into nova things.

fit a alarm and imobliser.

MattBrown
18-11-09, 03:53 PM
if you leave the boot lock you can always climb in that way if all else fails but most decent alarms have a 2 stage unlock programable setting. so you unlock with the fob and the drivers door opens then if you press another button within 3 secs the passenger opens. you could always add an additional switch for when your inside the car and want to let a passenger in. its all earth signals used.

Thats exactly what im after brains!:thumb:

doey106
18-11-09, 08:59 PM
iv got mine running off my clifford remote. i have 2 buttons under the wing mirrors but only work when the alarm is unset. i have cables running from my battery to behind my front bumper just in case the battery dies. if all else fails bike tyre tools and you no the rest lol

Plug
18-11-09, 09:18 PM
you must have a Button to open the door for MOT

doey106
18-11-09, 09:39 PM
yep never used to have them before because i used to get dodgy mot's but now i cant lol