PDA

View Full Version : Soooooooo excited...

Rexy
17-11-09, 10:05 PM
Putting the deposit on the evo 5 tomorrow I soooooooo can't wait, like a friggin kid in a sweet shop :D

That is all :P:thumb:

Mike
17-11-09, 10:06 PM
First mod if it hasnt got one already...

Clifford Black Jax :thumb:

craig green
17-11-09, 10:06 PM
Nice one!

I only like the Evo's from 5 onwards. Thats when they got all techy & proper IMO.

What colour?

Stuart
17-11-09, 10:08 PM
Evo 3 or go home lol

auzzy-b
Super!! Evo's are top notch
:):):):):)

auzzy2000
:thumb:
Evo 3 or go home lol

Plug
loving it i bet,
Beautiful motors, The 2nd best evo after the 6 :d

although its the same near enough

pics??

Mike
17-11-09, 10:10 PM
Evo 3 or go home lol

3 RS :thumb:

Rexy
17-11-09, 10:19 PM
6 TM is king, but i dont have 10k lol... 5 and 6 share most thing and only differ very very slightly.

Graeme
17-11-09, 10:19 PM
And I bet you still want a Nova when you get bored, good news though mate

Rexy
17-11-09, 10:22 PM
oh, this is around 330/340 and the only reason ive gone for it is due to the amount of parts which were fitted within the last few months.

Full defi Gauges with control unit virtually new costs about 900quid lol, for the same spec on scoob it would cost 4k easy so makes sense to me. Just its older :(

Ben
18-11-09, 09:37 AM
First mod if it hasnt got one already...

Clifford Black Jax :thumb:

Wouldnt fit a clifford to a polo let alone an evo, far better alarms on the market, gps tracker is a must.

Mike
18-11-09, 06:44 PM
Wouldnt fit a clifford to a polo let alone an evo, far better alarms on the market, gps tracker is a must.

The Black Jax isnt an alarm, its an anti hijack device & they are VERY good.

Adam
18-11-09, 06:50 PM
BlackJax is a Clifford device/part of a clifford alarm, so its still run by a Clifford alarm...

Not that i ever had a problem with the clifford on my old nova.

Nick
18-11-09, 06:52 PM
5 don't come with YAW do they !?

Mike
18-11-09, 06:53 PM
BlackJax is a Clifford device/part of a clifford alarm

You can wire them into an good qaulity alarm Ad, ive seen them wired into Sigma systems & even into the standard Porsche GT3 alarm (whatever make that is?)

Spudly
18-11-09, 06:56 PM
And I bet you still want a Nova when you get bored

Probably will, look at Sparkie1401, he has an evo (unsure if its a VII or VIII though) and he is building his XE nova aswell lol

Mike
18-11-09, 06:58 PM
5 don't come with YAW do they !?

4 onward IIRC?

Adam
18-11-09, 06:58 PM
You can wire them into an good qaulity alarm Ad, ive seen them wired into Sigma systems & even into the standard Porsche GT3 alarm (whatever make that is?)
Ah right, i thought it was a Clifford only jobbie....

Nick
18-11-09, 06:59 PM
4 onward IIRC?

Maybe it's 5 onwards.

I looked at selling up my stuff and buying an EVO after my friend got a 6.... I'm sure one of the things that put me off a 4 was no YAW and it's a different variation of the engine, whereas the 5-6 are the same.

Mike
18-11-09, 07:02 PM
Maybe it's 5 onwards.

I looked at selling up my stuff and buying an EVO after my friend got a 6.... I'm sure one of the things that put me off a 4 was no YAW and it's a different variation of the engine, whereas the 5-6 are the same.

I cant remember TBH Nick? Im sure its 4 onward tho, as this is why (arguably) the 3's are "best" to drive to so to speak (no centre diff apparently?)

Dunno, i use the MLR but not clued on my Evo's really. Ford man here lol

Nick
18-11-09, 07:03 PM
Maybes... Prehaps it was the wimpy body of the 4 that put me off (4 was all i could afford) .

Anyways, glad i didn't get one. My pal as spent thousands in repairs and he got a 35k example and works for a ralliart dealship . Fail

Mike
18-11-09, 07:05 PM
Gutted for your mate!!

Gotta admit the 3 looks the nuts tho for an old model lol altho the RS variants of any model are genuinly fapping ace cars compared to the refined GSR's!

Bubba
18-11-09, 07:14 PM
evo lump into a nova eh?...whats that? along with the transmission as well? :thumb: you know it would be fun;)

Sturge
18-11-09, 07:17 PM
AYC is for gays :) 9 RS for me please

Rexy
18-11-09, 10:15 PM
Not too sure on the ayc or how it will aid my driving style at the moment. Evo 4 5 6 share the same engine the 4 have a design flaw with regards to the oil channels and cooling.

5/6 are redesigned but still the same engine code. There is a letter T at the end of the engine code which was the 4 and basically ****e engine. :thumb:

Depo now put down and im picking it up 4th dec :D

Bobminda
18-11-09, 10:27 PM
5 and 6 for me

Pics please !!!

Rexy
18-11-09, 11:26 PM
Nope, hes staying under raps till i get him home :P

IIRC Pics or it never happened, Its only a depo atm so no pics so it didnt happen lol

XE PROJECT
19-11-09, 08:43 PM
This is my old evo6,

Sold now !!!!!!!!!

novas far more fun, "No seriously it is"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/Theseller2121/100_3452.jpg

Rexy
19-11-09, 10:00 PM
I know what your saying in one respect, What was the spec of the evo?

I've had a quite a few cars which were a lot more drivable and funn over my nova xe, my williams was great once stripped, shame i killed it. Again the xsara VTS track car was even more fun and the 172 on par. best of all was a 1300 Golf mk2 which i used as my road rally car, and my little 1300 caged up nova "annabella" again... stupid amounts of funn.

I've wanted one for ages, Give it 6months and i'll be selling it and prolly buying something else. I need to get the "want" out my system :)

XE PROJECT
19-11-09, 10:20 PM
I know what your saying in one respect, What was the spec of the evo?

I've had a quite a few cars which were a lot more drivable and funn over my nova xe, my williams was great once stripped, shame i killed it. Again the xsara VTS track car was even more fun and the 172 on par. best of all was a 1300 Golf mk2 which i used as my road rally car, and my little 1300 caged up nova "annabella" again... stupid amounts of funn.

I've wanted one for ages, Give it 6months and i'll be selling it and prolly buying something else. I need to get the "want" out my system :)

Just what i did mate, dunno what it is about them people seem to sell them pretty quick, they are expensive to run and keep but as a toy there ace, i bought a scooby after as was to scared to teach evo a lesson as it just took eveything you gave it and asked for more, first time out in sacooby and i had her sideways, but soon got rid of at to as scoobys dont last long before they pop or cack them selfs lol

Rexy
19-11-09, 11:06 PM
Just what i did mate, dunno what it is about them people seem to sell them pretty quick, they are expensive to run and keep but as a toy there ace, i bought a scooby after as was to scared to teach evo a lesson as it just took eveything you gave it and asked for more, first time out in sacooby and i had her sideways, but soon got rid of at to as scoobys dont last long before they pop or cack them selfs lol

Lmfbo, First time i took out an evo 5 330brake on a test drive i had the bugger 4 wheel drifting i laughed and said whoops sorry i'll behave now. mrs rexy was in the back at the time and the sales dude was slightly concerned lol.

I ended up buying an impreza Newage 53 plate as i couldnt quite stretch to the evo, and wanted to build up slowly. So from a stripped out clio 172 with one bucket seat which would terrorise the same thing i bought. I got bored of the scooby within a month, it just wasnt quick enough and was far too soft for me.

Jack
19-11-09, 11:21 PM
Nice work Mr Rexy. I am rather partial to the Evos.

I give it 1 month til you paint something on it a random colour though lol

Stuart
20-11-09, 08:57 AM
sweepstake time?

ben doodar
20-11-09, 05:30 PM
i drove a 320bhp evo 4 best car ive ever driven! ive not driven all that many cars tbf.

Rexy
20-11-09, 07:28 PM
Whats we having stu, we need some odds going etc.

Upto now, the novas back out the window and the trip to oz has followed suit lol

Trip to euope has replaced OZ mind so its a balance :D

Im saying... I will own it for around 6 months and that will be that. Best bit, is... If it goes tits up i can break it and make a good amount of cash back on it :D

First thing when buying a car, work out what bits you have and if you can break it if things go wrong :P :thumb:

Ben
21-11-09, 11:07 AM
It wont break for much if you stick it in a ditch!

Rexy
21-11-09, 05:47 PM
be reet.