PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tank

--ToM--
17-11-09, 10:18 AM
How Easy Is It Tp Remove And Replace A New One Im Going To Take Mine Off This Afternoon Any Tips Or Easy Ways To Do It?

Nova_Tek
17-11-09, 10:38 AM
Easy mate but first tip is to drain out all fuel, then get the car in the air/on some ramps/axle stands undo the big hose that connects the filler neck to the tank, remove the hoses that connect to the fuel lines. The tank will have 2 straps that secure it to the underside of the car. You can get a jack and position it under the tank so it takes the weight of the tank when you undo the straps, drop it down and thats about it tbh.

You just need to make sure all hoses that attach to fuel lines, filler necks etc are removed so it just drops down. All other hoses like breather hose, fuel pump (if its injection), fuel sender can be removed with the tank on the ground.

--ToM--
17-11-09, 10:43 AM
Thanks Mate Im Upgrading From A Non Injection Tank To An Injection One You See

Nova_Tek
17-11-09, 10:57 AM
Ok mate, no problems then, undo filler neck hose, feed and return hose and drop it. :thumb: It's an easy one and satisfying too lol

AlexW
17-11-09, 11:47 AM
Dont the handbrake cables get in the way?

--ToM--
17-11-09, 12:17 PM
i like easy and satisfying lol i normally get wound up and break somehing

--ToM--
17-11-09, 07:17 PM
Right Guys Iv Took My Tank Off And Have Just Got Home From Picking Up My New Tank Which Is Off A Gte And Has An External Fuel Pump Could Anyone Help Me As To How I Go About Fitting It. I Know How To Fit The Tank Just Not Where To Put All The Pipes With It Having A Pump And The Old One Not.

Cheers Tom

pikey1986
17-11-09, 07:22 PM
i cable tied the pump and holder for it to the rear chassis leg just behind the bumper and i think the fuel lines are different sizes so they'll only fit on the appropriate(sp) out let/in lets

--ToM--
17-11-09, 07:37 PM
on the tank its self theres the filler neck attatchment the fuel pipe and the return pipe are right next to each other im just not sure how the fuel pump is piped up to the tank and the lines etc :S

pikey1986
17-11-09, 07:43 PM
you need to run a pipe from the out let to the pump and then from the pump to the metal fuel lines under the drivers seat if that makes sense

--ToM--
17-11-09, 07:46 PM
ermmmmmm sort offff sounds complicated please tell me its fairly simple :(

Nova_Tek
17-11-09, 08:32 PM
it's fairly simple :thumb:

How's that? lol

--ToM--
17-11-09, 09:03 PM
lol any idea where i could find a diagram or something? i dont want to get it wrong lol

mowgli
17-11-09, 09:30 PM
the whole pump assembly fits under the rear rh side. the whole thing bolts onto the chassis with 2 m8? bolts into the odd looking round holes with slots, you just need 2 captive nuts from the dealer. they cost pence..

the pipes to the front are fairly easy. the old feed pipe can be used as the return, but the feed needs making from something strong, i used 8mm copper pipe from B&Q.

the pump wire needs feeding thru the car under the carpet & out of the hole under the rear seat where the fuel sender wire comes thru. it fits to the small spade terminal, the big one needs an earth wire running to the chassis