PDA

View Full Version : One way of killing a car.

AlexW
17-11-09, 12:17 AM
http://www.galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=792e1da427373dfb

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/photos/2009.November/1112_LOC_Soggy-Bugatti.jpg

:cry:

Tim-SR
17-11-09, 12:20 AM
bad times:(

brainsnova
17-11-09, 12:42 AM
did he catch it fishing lol

Gibbo
17-11-09, 01:19 AM
lol unlucky

napalm_27
17-11-09, 01:25 AM
iv seen the video on youtube was caught on camera bloke just veired off the road into the lake

Gibbo
17-11-09, 01:32 AM
bloke just veired off the road into the lake

yep we can see that lol

MattBrown
17-11-09, 08:04 AM
Its no where near dead though?

Drag it out, all the plugs out, wind her over, fire her up!

Stick it in a pinters oven for 24hrs, bang, new toy again:)

LEWI007
17-11-09, 08:38 AM
The car is crap.

Imagine if it was Decs nova sport, then it would of been a different story.

L14MNP
17-11-09, 08:53 AM
The car is crap.

Imagine if it was Decs nova sport, then it would of been a different story. Crap! lol

You're right Lewi. If it was a Nova there'd be nowt left to fish out by now. lol

LEWI007
17-11-09, 09:02 AM
lol

A nova would rust into a fine pile of rusty sand before it even hit the water just from the smell of the salt.

Sports cars like that are crap though, 2 million pounds come on.... rather build a nova with a shell made from titanium and a 20let than runs on %100 oxygen with a block made from the strongest metal in the world. lol

Southie
17-11-09, 09:13 AM
A modern day version of...

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/lotus-esprit-g.jpg

Mazz
17-11-09, 09:32 AM
bah, he's just a wanna-be :)

"The man jerked the wheel, dropped his cell phone"...

Pete
17-11-09, 09:37 AM
all i have to say is HAHA ! dont talk on the phone whilst driving, Idiot :)

Plug
17-11-09, 10:43 AM
carbon fibre nova shell :)

now thats what im talking about

AlexW
17-11-09, 11:38 AM
Its 1 million pounds anyway lol, 2 million dollars lol

It will need more than a plug clean too, more a complete clean everywhere, salt water is bad :(

Oh and feel free to stick my nova in salt water.

Spudly
17-11-09, 06:24 PM
Its no where near dead though?

Drag it out, all the plugs out, wind her over, fire her up!

Go find a flood victim and ask them what happened when they drove their car through a five foot puddle and the engine had a drink, after an engines had a bore full of water they do not simply fire up again, usually due to snapped rods and broken internals, the term is hydraulicing (sp)

Pistol Pete
17-11-09, 09:10 PM
Saw this on Autotrader the other day. He was avoiding a low flying bird, apparently!!!

AlexW
17-11-09, 10:01 PM
Go find a flood victim and ask them what happened when they drove their car through a five foot puddle and the engine had a drink, after an engines had a bore full of water they do not simply fire up again, usually due to snapped rods and broken internals, the term is hydraulicing (sp)

Yep, Water dont compress like air.

Nova_Tek
17-11-09, 11:25 PM
Still apparently took the motor 15 mins to cut out which is rather impressive if the above occured.

Those damn pelicans always flying low lol

Another American loosing control. would it be an insurance write off? Car costs $2million probably wouldn't cost that much to repair.

vxr_racing_2008
17-11-09, 11:28 PM
lol classic!

AlexW
18-11-09, 11:33 AM
Still apparently took the motor 15 mins to cut out which is rather impressive if the above occured.

Those damn pelicans always flying low lol

Another American loosing control. would it be an insurance write off? Car costs $2million probably wouldn't cost that much to repair.

Id say its not a write off, problery wouldnt be too much hassle to sort it, compared to the 1 million pound price tag.

And if it took 15mins to cut it out then its more than likly theres no water got inside, soaked electrics more like.

Bubba
18-11-09, 06:46 PM
im sure the spoiler is stil good, could let some chav put it on his ford "scrot"

Bubba
18-11-09, 06:47 PM
just started reading it andthis jumped out at me

The owner of one of the world’s fastest production automobiles accidentally drove his fine-tuned, French-built car into a sal****er lagoon Wednesday.

quite frankly...enough said

stupid swear filter

It’s the rarest car in the world, not something you can just replace, the man said.

haha is it ****

mowgli
18-11-09, 07:00 PM
am i in a minority or a majority when i say that i hate the veyron from start to finish?? sure it is obscenely fast, and it has loads of stuff, but:

1. its only fast on a huge test track
2. it appears to be really ugly compared to thousands of other sports cars
3. it doesn't appear to be nimble at all
4. only nouveau rich prats seem to have them

discuss

Pistol Pete
18-11-09, 07:31 PM
I think you need to look at it as more than just a car. Its the concorde of the car world, as Jeremy Clarkson put it. Started out as a "can we do it" automotive engineering project and they (VW/Bugatti/ETC) managed it. Wont ever be beaten IMO.

MK999
18-11-09, 07:38 PM
am i in a minority or a majority when i say that i hate the veyron from start to finish?? sure it is obscenely fast, and it has loads of stuff, but:

1. its only fast on a huge test track
2. it appears to be really ugly compared to thousands of other sports cars
3. it doesn't appear to be nimble at all
4. only nouveau rich prats seem to have them

discuss

As above it's an amazing feat of engineering to make something that large/powerful a reliable (enough) production car, but not really something I regard as the best car in the world or anything, if I was to spend obscene amounts of money on a car it'd probably be a 430 scuderia, because it's a little more raw :d

mowgli
18-11-09, 08:03 PM
f1 gtr is better in every single way except the top speed, and i'd put a fiver on it walloping a veyron in a race

MK999
18-11-09, 08:12 PM
f1 gtr is better in every single way except the top speed, and i'd put a fiver on it walloping a veyron in a race

A hell of a lot would, a well built high power nova could probably cane it round a track, power to weight wouldn't be too hard to beat, thing must weight 1500-2000kg. The point is they made a 1000bhp fully equipped GT car reliable enough to sell as a production/road car.

Pistol Pete
18-11-09, 09:21 PM

Didnt they line up against each other in the last series of Top Gear?