PDA

View Full Version : help! (fuel systems)

kc_08
15-11-09, 08:41 PM
hi im about to put the X14XE in my nova but just wondering what fuel set ups i should use/ people recommend? wouldd this be any good? http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=281_282&products_id=1697 as theres two types of fuel pumps on there, not sure which one i need to get and what else will i need apart from fuel lines and a return line? can someone shjow me what i will need?
thanks

kc_08
15-11-09, 08:51 PM
also what pressure's suitable to run with the pump? and a link to a site with them on would be good along with a regulator

Southie
15-11-09, 08:55 PM
Just run a standard nova injection tank and pump, either a 1.2spi or gte/gsi all will suffice. I run the gte setup on my c16xe conversion and all is fine.

kc_08
16-11-09, 01:13 PM
i hav'nt got a way to get a fuel tank deliverd as most of them are collection only, and my mates just put an X14XE in his and kept the same fuel tank just used an exturnal pump with a return fuel line inside up through the floor into the top of the tank. and that set ups working for him, just wondering what pump i should go for?? and what else il need?

AlexW
16-11-09, 02:27 PM
Your end up spending more money buying a pump ect, and on hard cornering a carb tank sucks, even a SPi tank has a shallow squirl pot.

kc_08
16-11-09, 04:00 PM
oh might go down that route then, one last thing lads is what belt can i use when i take off all the power steering and everything off the engine, as that way wont be loosing power, but will need to run a shorter belt but no one knows what belt they used

craig green
16-11-09, 04:44 PM
Just measure up for a belt with string or zip ties, you may have to use a tensioner or make up a traditional adjuster for the alt belt, so sort/do that first.

therealnovaboy
16-11-09, 08:16 PM
as craig said use a peice of string to get the right length. most motor factors will give you the right belt if you tell them the length. youll have to make the alt braket into a tensioner like the nova by lenthening the bracket slotting the original hole. im trying to remember what way i ran my belt. i think i ran it the wrong side of the tensioner and used it as an idler pully as the tension goes the opposite way. actualy. might be differant as i kept the PS pump and ditched the AC. might still be of some help.