PDA

View Full Version : camera phone mega pixel quality

jimbob-mcgrew
15-11-09, 08:02 PM
i need your help with a purchase all, im after a digi camera for a few reasons. i cant afford a proper camera, so i thought id go for a new phone with one built in, as my phones aincient with a black and white screen anyhow. i dont have much money to spend (ive spotted 2 in asda £25 to £40) so im after some feedback from people with cheap camera phones and if they can post a pic or 2 of the quailty of said phone. cheers :thumb:

Nova_Tek
15-11-09, 08:23 PM
Ones with autofocus tend to have better quality. The best camera fone I have had in terms of picture quality has been my N95 8GB version (not exactly cheap unfortunately) what fones have you seen? Any info on them?

stupot89
15-11-09, 08:28 PM
i have a sony erricson w995 it has a 8.2 mp camera can be got on contract for around £25 a month

Nova_Tek
15-11-09, 08:33 PM
I think he meant £25 - £40 buying it PAYG

Welsh Dan
15-11-09, 08:50 PM
i need your help with a purchase all, im after a digi camera for a few reasons. i cant afford a proper camera, so i thought id go for a new phone with one built in, as my phones aincient with a black and white screen anyhow. i dont have much money to spend (ive spotted 2 in asda £25 to £40) so im after some feedback from people with cheap camera phones and if they can post a pic or 2 of the quailty of said phone. cheers :thumb:

If you're buying a phone within that budget for its camera, don't bother lol. Have a scout about for a second hand compact digicam, you should be able to find something reasonable for £40-50.

That said, these are from a Sony C902:
http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/DSC00107.JPG
http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/DSC00143.JPG

Nova_Tek
15-11-09, 09:08 PM
Agree with Welsh Dan, the most you'll probably find is 1.3mp and with that the image print size will approx be 2/3 the size of an A5 sheet of paper, hardly great for printing images.

I got a 3.2mp Kodak compact digital camera about 5 years ago and it still takes very good images that are print worthy, miles better then any camera fone. Proper digital cameras have much bigger lenses as opposed to a tiny lens on a phone so you will see the difference. I say go look for one of those 2nd hand mate and you wont be disappointed.

jimbob-mcgrew
15-11-09, 09:09 PM
yeh those cybershots are prety good.
more than double my budget unfortunatly.

Nova_Tek
15-11-09, 09:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kodak-Easyshare-DX-4330-camera-and-accessories_W0QQitemZ200406455728QQcmdZViewItemQQp tZUK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN ?hash=item2ea927d5b0

Go to that link, perfect example of a decent/good camera which can take good pics 1000x beter than any £50 camera fone

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5318/1021968rs5sfinal.jpg

Took this pic with that same camrea and this image is resized to more then half. Perfcetly clear picture (ok the car has been photoshopped but the rest of the image is as it was taken)

I'm sure there are more cameras on sale 2nd hand which were high end a few years back that are selling for cheap.
:thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
17-11-09, 01:18 AM
i spotted a 5 megapixel camera in tesco for £25, and a 2 gig sd card for it for another £5, sound like a good option ? i think it was a practika camera that took 2 x aaa batteries, there was a beasty 12 megapixel fuji job for £70, but thats outta my price range. its either this cheap job or a 1.3 megapixel cam phone, im weighing it up, i could do with a phone upgrade too, and on the plus side, dont need batteries on a phone and its always on your person, but against it, the qualitys never gonna be as good. im not after super pics, but something that can take close up, most cam phones ive seen are not half bad at distance, but close up u cant make anything out. hmmm.

Nova_Tek
17-11-09, 10:14 AM
If you want decent pics then a proper camera can't be beat. That camera and mem card is £30 if you add the fone you saw in ASDA for £25 ten that's £55 sorted. new fone and a much better camera :thumb: