PDA

View Full Version : When bad times go wickedly worse.

djp_y2k
18-03-03, 07:09 PM
Have u ever had one of those days, weeks, years, ifact lives when u think everything u do just seems to be a waste of time. :evil: :evil:

No! Well u dont know what ur missing.

For the past couple of weeks I have been building the door builds to house my speakers in my front doors.

I positioned to where I thought they wouldnt interfear with the cage etc. (bearing in mind the car is away getting the bodywork work done and I'm working at home)

Well as you may of gathered the pods were all fibreglassed onto the new door cards. When I suddenly thought "Does the dash cover the door card at all?"

I was dreading the worst, so I got a mate to bring his nova round.

Well not only was it in the way of the cage, but the bloody dash sat slightly in the way. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :? :? :x

Now I have to start the dam things nearly from scratch, so I'm not a happy bunny.

To make things worse, My carbon bonnet is now running nearly 3 weeks late and subs are over a week late.

Oh yea the guy doing the car is now not doing my single piece windows, and custom mirrors. More annoying problems

A bit of advice to me and any others out there foolish to build an ice install without the car within walking distance. DONT EVEN CONSIDER DOING IT

Well at least I've had my hourly winge now. :(

wisewood
18-03-03, 07:25 PM
... BUT IT'LL ALL BE WORTH IT IN THE END !!!

Freak
18-03-03, 08:02 PM
Bugger about the windows mate :( After all that discussion about them too. :( Have a crack yourself.?

Wiggie
18-03-03, 08:23 PM
:P YAY! so it aint just me then! (just walked in from the garage-freezing cold)yeah iv had PLENTY of them moments but look on the bright side...you learn from your mistakes...most the time.

have you wasted much money? ....not that im trying to rub it in or any thing,

ade
18-03-03, 10:22 PM
bummer man - real bummer.

Surely you can "adapt" the pods to fit?

or wot about modifying the dash?

Breeny
18-03-03, 10:34 PM
lol dont talk to me about troubles with cars. Most people know how much luck i have with them! If you modify a car your always gonna have problems with it i think.. Anyways don't give up, as has already been said you know it will be worth it in the end. All the blood, sweat and tears will end up with big smiley faces :P

Good luck mate and dont give in!

Wiggie
18-03-03, 10:38 PM
seconded

mikeoxford
18-03-03, 11:05 PM
lol dont talk to me about troubles with cars. Most people know how much luck i have with them! If you modify a car your always gonna have problems with it i think.. Anyways don't give up, as has already been said you know it will be worth it in the end. All the blood, sweat and tears will end up with big smiley faces :P

Good luck mate and dont give in!

THIRDED!

im having a terrible time too with my engine

itll all be sorted THIS SUNDAY THOUGH THANK GOD!

my girlfriend once asked - why fix it if it aint broke?

and good old mom said the "i told you so" :evil: one tooo many times

?Marty?
18-03-03, 11:07 PM
Who dares wins.

Stay possitive.

Tilly
18-03-03, 11:52 PM
u should always thing positive

im not feeling the ove in this forum (words of darius) :lol:

Fester
19-03-03, 03:39 AM
Who dares wins.

Who do you think you are? Andy bleedin' McNabb?

Wiggie
19-03-03, 01:52 PM
who the hell?

djp_y2k
19-03-03, 01:59 PM
Lol :lol:

I see most of you have felt the same at some point.

It will take a lot more than that to defeat me. I'm not going to give up thats forsure.

Just makes things more interesting, even though when it happens it realy fu*ks u off.

Wiggie
19-03-03, 02:10 PM
I find sleeping on it or leaving it while you have lunch normaly give you time to start thinking logicaly again....of coures if your anything like me, i start getting frustrated and start hacking chunks out of my car under the excuse of "im makin it fit!"

Ste_Nova
19-03-03, 04:21 PM
just bin the dash... i have :lol:

Wiggie
19-03-03, 07:36 PM
hmmmm bet that look neat then :?

Chris LR
19-03-03, 09:58 PM
Whats a Dash?

Just imagine yourself in you complete car, maybe you'll feel better.

Ste_Nova
20-03-03, 12:11 PM
hmmmm bet that look neat then :?

yup all the holes behind the dash have been welded up.... all the wiring is hidden and all i have where the dash was is a 6" revcounter

http://www.kevw.com/gallery/Cars/Stes_Novas/thumbs/550stes_novas%20005.jpg

?Marty?
20-03-03, 05:42 PM
No dash. THAT's what i like. Just a carbon fiber panel, and a line of (Autometer) gauges. No speedo or mirror. Why look back or know how fast you're going!? :lol:

djp_y2k
20-03-03, 07:14 PM
LOL :lol:

I thought u said you had hidden all the wires.

So wots that lot thrown in the passengers foot well.

It would be cool and would save more weight.

Ste_Nova
21-03-03, 10:05 PM
Just a carbon fiber panel, and a line of (Autometer) gauges

err no... just a huge revcounter and shift light..... and a general 'stop' warning light

that was just a library pic.... the loom has since been cut up for shortning

Chris LR
21-03-03, 10:09 PM
So you don't plan to take it on the roads? legally?

?Marty?
22-03-03, 12:29 AM
I know what u said u have ste, i just meant i prefer more gauges.

Who gives a fuck about legally. :lol: It's whether u can get away with it or not.

Ste_Nova
23-03-03, 01:00 PM
So you don't plan to take it on the roads? legally?

yeh cause i am... who cares about legal..... what are they gonna do me for?

Chris LR
23-03-03, 05:33 PM
what are they gonna do me for?

A couple of hundred quid?

You get stoped for speedin...... "How fast were you going?" what are you going to say :?: :lol:

?Marty?
23-03-03, 06:18 PM
You get stoped for speedin...... "How fast were you going?" what are you going to say

I'd say 'You tell me, little piggy.' :lol:

Makes no difference mate. The ONLY thing that matters is what speed it was, and whether they can prove it, if you were above the speed limit.

Why and etc is irrelevant, as it's a strict liability offence. i.e. intention is irrelevant. Though the pigs have a certain ammount of discretion at their disposal.