PDA

View Full Version : Focus injector

nova danny1
14-11-09, 07:52 PM
I'm needing a new injector for a focus 1.8 tdci duel torque.Does anyone know of any websites that I could get one from cheap?
Thanks.

mowgli
14-11-09, 08:00 PM
recondition the old one or get to a scrapper

nova danny1
14-11-09, 08:07 PM
it's for my uncle and he refuses to get a used or reconditioned one and he's been quoted £190 from ford.

mowgli
14-11-09, 08:11 PM
well your uncle is a bit of a cock then. he can get his injector repaired with a full warranty at a proper Bosch fuel injection place, there will be one in sheffield or he can go to ford & get mugged by them

Stuart
14-11-09, 08:16 PM
Bear in mind that the injector will most likely need pairing with the ECU, so imho thats not a 'bad' price from a dealer given the fact they love to hump you for any ECU related stuff.

Plus note that modern diesel injectors are sodding expensive as they are huge bits of engineering.... eg £1K (thats 'cost to manufacture' by the way) gets you 4 injectors, fuel rail, pump, control valve, pressure sensor and pipes), so add on the spares mark up and £190 isnt woeful really.

its worth trying to play dealers off against eachother and also just flat out ask for discount.

nova danny1
14-11-09, 08:28 PM
what would he be looking at roughly to get it reconditioned by bosch then?

mowgli
14-11-09, 08:30 PM
he will need to ring them and ask.

nova danny1
14-11-09, 09:13 PM
have you got a link or anything for them?

mowgli
14-11-09, 09:17 PM
yellow pages is best:

try this (http://www.yell.com/b/Hogg+Diesel+Injection+Ltd-Diesel+Fuel+Injection-Sheffield-S25AX-946314/index.html)

nova danny1
14-11-09, 09:18 PM
thanks mate nice one:thumb:

Welsh Dan
14-11-09, 10:06 PM
I know the focus uses a different setup, but "transit parts" on ebay are the best place for new delphi ones for the mondeo, they might do the focus ones aswell, but expect to pay ford £80 to program the new injector in.

nova danny1
14-11-09, 11:37 PM
I know the focus uses a different setup, but "transit parts" on ebay are the best place for new delphi ones for the mondeo, they might do the focus ones aswell, but expect to pay ford £80 to program the new injector in.

ok mate will let him know,cheers;)

Saloony
14-11-09, 11:46 PM
£190 is a bloody good price if thats new part, fitting and programming.

Ash
14-11-09, 11:55 PM
Unsure about the programming, but if you get the numbers of the old injector (asumming its BOSCH) type it in to google and you'll get it uber cheap as it doesn't have the 'brand' name on it. We are constantly replacing the ones of Merc sprinters at work (old shape)

nova danny1
15-11-09, 01:09 AM
£190 is a bloody good price if thats new part, fitting and programming.

no thats just for the partlol

nova danny1
15-11-09, 01:11 AM
Unsure about the programming, but if you get the numbers of the old injector (asumming its BOSCH) type it in to google and you'll get it uber cheap as it doesn't have the 'brand' name on it. We are constantly replacing the ones of Merc sprinters at work (old shape)

it says dephi on it so would it make a difference if you changed it for a bosch one?

nova danny1
15-11-09, 01:17 AM

it says dephi on it so would it make a difference if you changed it for a bosch one?

Richie_B
15-11-09, 01:38 AM

just different brands

mowgli
15-11-09, 08:02 AM

i had to do our sister company's sprinter in the summer, the injectors were failing due to the blowpast creating a serious buildup of 'tar' and it took me a while day to remove them & clean up the tarry mess.. then I had to replace the rocker cover cos I'd put a hole in it, and I found a torx bit in next to the inlet cam that a thoughtful merc employee had left for me.

Stuart
15-11-09, 08:28 AM

potentially Bosch wont make an injector that matches.

Most wetside (ie pump and injector) manufacturers dont make equivalents of their competitors as there simply is no point as the OEM takes all spares from the first manufacturer.